“Now doing gluten free pasta”

Bella Italia Norwich Exchange Street
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Housed in the very centre of Norwich, Bella Italia on Exchange Street offers a taste of Italy from morning to night. The highly successful Bella Italia restaurant chain is well known throughout the country for its good quality, well priced Italian menu and this Norwich Exchange Street branch represents the company perfectly. One of three Bella Italias in the city, the restaurant boasts a rustic style dining room with the trademark Bella Italia décor of warm tones, tiled floors and dark wood seating. As for the food, enjoy dishes such as deep fried squid with lemon mayo followed by chargrilled salmon fillet with green beans and roasted new potatoes or chicken and spinach fusilli pasta with gorgonzola sauce.
Reviewed August 6, 2014

I've been here a few times, service has been hit and miss at times though, but was very happy to find out that they do gluten free pasta now.

Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

I've been meaning to write this review for months. But never did because I hate being negative and I don't like complaining. I left this restraunt very dissapointed but faked my happiness as I left this place in April because I didn't want to cause any discord. I know realise that I should of just came out with it in the first place and told the truth. I felt like My friend I were an obligation so it was very awkward to mention our no so great experience.
Basically we stood to be seated all smiles and this waitress with long, jet black, messy hair walked up to us in a very unwilling manner and seated us. It was lunch time, and the place wasn't that busy so right away we both felt as if we interrupted her because she'd been chilling out. (That's what it felt like) she looked very scruffy and her clothes were messy. (I'm a waitress in a 5 star restraunt and we have a strict uniform policy whereas we all look extremely neat, tidy, and our clothes are clean and ironed)
Basically the service was very blunt and tardy. The food was great but the service lacked the most. She looked as though she had been partying the night before, woke up late for work and couldn't be bothered. Plus.... We noticed a big, dirty serviette on the floor next to us the whole time which looked gross. But the staff just stepped around it and ignored it and it stayed there the whole time. Lazy.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

We decided to eat here as a pre-theatre meal. Had eaten here many times before but on this occasion were really disappointed. My starter was tasteless, think it was supposed to have a lemon dressing but all I could taste was olive oil - no hint of lemon at all, My main course of meatballs wasn't much better - while the meatballs were spicy, the sauce was practically non-existent with a plate of pasta tubes and not much else. Not good value for money at all. Wish we had stuck to our original idea and eaten at the thai place further down the road.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

We visited Norwich for the first time yesterday and had no idea where to eat,normally I check on Tripadvisor first but forgot to yesterday!
We liked the look of this Restaurant so gave it a go!
The service was very good,staff friendly,polite and efficient.
My wife and I both had pizzas which we found really nice,freshly made and a nice thin base which I prefer!
We then gave in to temptation and had a large dessert to share,it was amazing,can't remember the name but very similar to Eton mess!
Considering this is one of a chain of Restaurants I was very impressed,what it is like on a busy evening I don't know but for a nice lunch it is great,would rerun again should we be in Norwich.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Very nice food, good service, nice atomophere. Restaraunt is a bit small so can feel a bit claustrophobic when it's full, so would preferably go to the Red Lion street branch. Staff were very happy to help though so would go there again.