“Over cooked refried food”

Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Norwich
Ranked #558 of 861 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Decided to treat friends to a Birthday meal at Frankie and Benny's. We've used the chain a lot in the past and have always found the food to be good quality. Not in this restaurant. The half breast of chicken looked like it had been pre fried and then heated on the grill. The waitress apologised and sent it back to the kitchen, when a replacement was brought over it was the same piece of chicken covered in more BBQ sauce (still had my fork mark in the side. When I sent it back a second time, I over heard the manager slating us, complaining to the waitress that we were bad customers. We wouldn't have minded if the restaurant was exceptionally busy. Will not be returning again.

1  Thank Matthew S

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have been in the restaurant/hotel trade for 25 years and have eaten many meals of different quality and standards over the years but when the quality is this poor i have to let you know about it!!!! .
We popped in at 7 pm on Easter Monday (trade dropping off from a busy weekend) and were told that it would be a 30 min wait. No problem as we had been busy all day and it would be good to chillax with a beverage at the bar.
We were seated 25 mins later and ordered soon after. The wait for the food was 50 mins from order and I wouldn't have been that peeved if the food that came was of a good standard. It was very poor, over cooked chicken with cremated bacon on top.
My patience was wearing thin and all I could think of was getting out of the restaurant and getting home. I did complain to the waiter and he knocked 25% off of the bill but this has not made any amends to the fact that I will never go to any of the restaurants in the chain again.
The waiter stated that he had worked there for 11 years and had never received a single complaint, this I felt was hard to believe .I feel that the food on the menu is not the same as that served. In previous years the food and service was great and as expected but I feel that this chain will not last long in this economic climate with it's slipping standards.

1  Thank sethandkate
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We decided to go to frankies and bennys for a change and walked in to Monday madness ... 25% off food. Good value. They were busy as expected but no problems. Food was good and the service from Matt our waiter was great. The supervisor/manager on duty was more interested in a waitress and his mobile phone than his full restuarant. This isn't professional. Which was a shame as the service was quick and efficient and the place is nice. I just don't wish to watch staff flirt while I eat my meal. However, we will be back.

2  Thank RichardLawson
Reviewed March 4, 2013

i went there before the Norwich match the other week, we were seated quickly and the food was fine, i would recommend it to anyone but would not push anyone to go there.

1  Thank samfromnorwich
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Good food good atmosphere and well looked after will go again and tell my friends and family to try going as well. Also visited around 3 months earlier and had a similar experience so consistency seems to be another good point.

1  Thank Sally B

Travelers who viewed Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Norwich also viewed

Been to Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Norwich? Share your experiences!