“Lovely Japanese cuisine”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I enjoy coming here from time to time. The prices are very decent for what you get, and I am happy to identify some real Japanese items on the menu (yes, Japanese cuisine reaches far beyond sushi, contrary to general belief). The atmosphere is lovely at night, when the candles are lit at eat table and the lights are dimmed. The decor is pleasant and simple, however, for some reason, the authentic 'Japanese feel' to me seemed lacking. For instance, when I go to a particular competitor in the city, I feel like I'm eating in Japan again, where here, I feel as if I'm just going to any other restaurant in the city. That is not to discredit the restaurant though. It is still greatly priced and a good place to eat. The staff are always nice and efficient.

There are newer reviews for Shiki Japanese Restaurant

Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Popped in for an early birthday supper with our teenaged daughter who loves sushi. This really is worth a visit. Fish sparklingly fresh, tempura was light and crispy, Chips with wasabi mayo keep the raw fish phobes happy. Busy and noisy with happy customers.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have only discovered this little gem recently but I surely intend to make up for lost time! What a find! Their lunch bento box is excellent value for money and it transported me back in time to my Japanese trip all these years ago… I am looking forward to sampling their sushi offers on a Monday night and teppanyaki on a Wed (as soon as I can save up for that!). I am sure I will have a few more bento boxes in the meantime… :)

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Absolutely first-class sushi - wonderfully fresh and flavoursome. My wife actually said that the prawns she had on her nigiri were the tastiest she’s ever experienced! It was so good I ate till I was completely stuffed.

The service is prompt and efficient and there’s a good selection of drinks.

As far as Japanese restaurants go, this is as good as it gets. Visit with confidence. Makes me wish I lived in Norwich!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I recently went to the Wednesday Teppan-yaki night for £16. It was fantastic, the chef was so entertaining and the food was great. You have a choice of the seafood or meat option. I had the meat option, this included chicken breast and beef steak. The rice and vegetables were delicious along with all the meat. I would highly recommend this, as the whole evening was unlike anything I've experienced in a restaurant before. You need to book, as only limited seats for this particular menu. The rest of the restaurants menu I cannot comment on as have not tried it, but I do intend to soon.