Delia's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #180 of 861 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Delia's Restaurant and Bar Enjoy Delia’s recipes cooked to her exacting standards in our beautiful restaurant. Warm, friendly service and a relaxed atmosphere. Make us the place to celebrate the weekend. Delia’s Restaurant and Bar is open every Friday and Saturday from 7pm until late; a three-course dinner followed by coffee and something sweet is just £35.75 per person. Delia’s Restaurant and Bar is committed to supporting local produce. We have a large, free on-site car park.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The staff were exemplary & the food was excellent.
We have been to this gaff on several occasions , what strikes us is that it is consistently superb & served at a very fair price.
Without doubt the best in Norwich.

2  Thank mcswegan

Reviewed November 23, 2012

We went there after a day shopping in Norwich. The staff were very welcoming and the food was tasty, the sage and onion bread they offered was absolutely gorgeous ! My only criticism is the tables are very close together , we ended up getting to know the couple on the next table very well ! Also give yourself plenty of time to get there especially at rush hour

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We had been to Delia`s some time ago for a special occasion and had a superb evening; we were really looking forward to our second visit on the occasion of our friends 40th. wedding anniversary. The evening began well with an excellent welcome and very nice nibbles to go with our pre-meal drinks. After this things went rapidly downhill. We were shown to a table right next to the main waiters station which meant a very busy and noisy location and our friend who sat nearest to this station had to constantly duck his head as waiters passed by with loaded trays of meals and drinks. My starter of crab was badly over seasoned with an accompanying salad containing coriander which overwhelmed the crab. I love crab and its delicate taste needs simple treatment; this I`m afraid was crab in name only its flavour lost in a mish mash of poor presentation. My main course was advertised as "Luxury Fish Pie". When the dish arrived I thought I was being presented with a child`s portion, so small was the offering on the plate. This was accompanied by the tiredest looking green veg I have ever seen, I think it was sprouting broccoli. The fish pieces in the pie could have been counted on the fingers of one hand so small was the portion." Luxury Fish Pie " so named probably because it contained a scallop.
My desert was cheese which was perfectly acceptable.
A meal that showed no imagination, very little cooking skill and appeared to me lazy in presentation and execution. Perhaps a restaurant living on its past reputation.My friends had similar feelings about the whole evening. They particularly objected to having bowls of beef and lamb presented to them with everything already loaded onto the plate. Surely at a restaurant of this supposed quality veg and potatoes can be served separately so that diners can ,make up their own mind about how much of each they wish to eat. The actual selection of potatoes and veg was boring and uneventful. When you go out to eat you at least want to feel that the chiefs have tried to offer you something that takes a modicum of skill and could not be easily accomplished at home, if not what is the point of going to a restaurant and spending nearly £200 for four people.
A hugely disappointing evening. The service was first class but the menu and cooking really left an awful lot to be desired. Perhaps Delia should visit her own restaurant and provide her chiefs/cooks with some instruction on technique with imagination.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Fantastic pre-match meal before the Arsenal match
First class service and and delicious food!
Followed by a top performance and winning goal by
SUPER GRANT HOLT does dining come any better!

Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

We went to celebrate our anniversary. The welcome was warm and friendly. We were both made to feel valued and appreciated. The food was excellent and well presented. The staff were very attentive without being intrusive. Overall an enjoyable night and highly recommended.