“Splendid ambiance outstanding cuisine”
Review of Stower Grange

Stower Grange
Ranked #294 of 861 Restaurants in Norwich
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I attended Stower Grange as party of 20 for a birthday dinner, there was also a wedding reception at the hotel also. Quite how the chefs and serving staff managed to co-ordinate these two major events with such aplomb I do not know. Welcome drinks in a private room followed by a wonderful dining room resulted in a truly marvellous dining experience. Food quality excellent, presentation superb and served with military precision. Highly recommended indeed.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

My girlfriend and I were on our way back from a trip across the country and googled places to eat in this area while en route (not while driving!) and this place popped up so we thought we would try it out.

We found it and was surprised to find a sophisticated restaurant tucked away in Drayton. Had a lovely meal and the service we s very good.

Will be sure to re-attend when possible.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

My wife and I found ourselves last friday evening, in one of those lovely situations, where all the kids were at various sleepovers, and we could spend a pleasant evening with just the two us, so a quick ring round of our usual favourite restaurants, but alas they were all full.....Uuuuuummm, what do we do now? A quick search on the Internet of local restaurants, and we happened upon stower grange. Now we have been here before for a couple of weddings but neither of us had any idea that really did food, so time was getting on and we booked for a table that evening. We arrived and were met by the waiter who sat us in the lounge area for a drink before dinner. There were only a group of four and a couple already eating, so it was pretty quiet. The decor immediately struck me as tired and dated, and more than a little "Thread bear in places" with the theme carried on nicely through the whole place into the toliets.... Now that's the negative out of the way, because after this we were treated to the most sublime cuisine I have tasted in a long long time, it was a sensation and the staff were so attentive and friendly in a really warm and welcoming manner. We were never rushed, and the courses arrived hot and within perfect indigestion time of the last. The menu was not vast, but there were enough options to suit all tastes, and I really liked how they itemised the ingredients, where they were sourced, and the distance from supplier, which really highlighted the fact that they were keen to keep things local and fresh. At the risk of going on I cannot praise this place enough, and decor aside I felt this place warranted the five I have given it. Top marks to a superb place and fantastic staff. We will definitely be back, and to think it was on our doorstep all this time, and like there ingredients... The shorter the distance, the more time you have to enjoy where your going.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

6 of us spent a delightful Mother's Day here. Very attentive staff and set menu had a good choice for everyone. Although full it didn't feel like it as all tables had plenty of space. After 3 courses everyone's plates were empty and everyone was raving about their food. A nice touch was the way they gave a plant arrangement to each table to take away. For the food we had a very reasonable price and I will definitely go back and will recommend to all my friends.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights. Very pleasant helpful staff and a clean,warm comfortable room. Breakfast was excellent. We would certainly stay here again.