“very clean”

Reviewed September 17, 2010

very very clean hotel thank you to all your staff .Chris room 2

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed August 2, 2010

We were told you can not hear the club below, stayed awake until 3 o'clock. In the morning no running water in the basin, shaved in cold water, no plug in basin and to top it all the kettle did not work no tea or coffee. Didn,t stay for breakfast had to get out.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2010

We booked through Laterooms.com, a twin/double room cost us £50 and included a continental breakfast.

When we arrived we received a warm welcome and checked into our rooms. We were all very pleasantly surprised with the decor and size of the rooms which included tea and coffee making facilities.

We came to Norwich to celebrate my birthday so we went out to a few bars and then on to a nightclub so, for us, the load noise downstairs was not an issue as it was turned off by 3am.

I would recommend taking ear plugs if you are a light sleeper but the location, price, rooms and friendly staff made up for the noise and we will definitely be returning to Hotel Belmonte.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Becky1979Cambridge
Reviewed June 8, 2010

I stayed at the Hotel Belmonte over the May bank holiday and it was the perfect base for a weekend of shopping and nightlife.
We heard no noise from the street or the bar below and the room was very clean and well decorated.
Will definately be staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 30, 2010

I have just read some of the other reviews associated with this hotel and although some of the facts are correct the experience I had was vastly different. The hotel is situated over bar/nightclub but in my room I heard no noise or vibration from below. The hotel is situated on Norwich's main road for night life but once inside this was not a problem and in fact in the daytime the hotel is perfectly located to get around Norwich.
The room was beautifully made up with some nice touches, for what is a reasonably good valued hotel. All the staff I encountered were friendly and helpful and the breakfast was better than anything I have had elsewhere. I have stayed in other hotels and the breakfast here was a lot more value for money. Reasonably priced good hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2010

OK, so obviosuly the people who wrote bad reviews wernt after a night out in norwich lol but we were and the hotel was perfect! right above a bar on the main strip, literally staggering distance from the club, mercy. it sounds seedy but its really not, staff were lovely and rooms were really nice seen as we only paid 45 for a double room- with breakfast! you cant go wrong. would absoloutly reccomend and we will return!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 18, 2010

I really should have given 50 quid to the homeless guy in the door opposite, then slept in the car. My wife and I booked this online from the hotel's reasonable looking website. One day I'll learn to check before I buy... It really does not make mention that it's right above a very busy nightclub, next door to loads of busy bars, opposite a kebabie. Think Club 18-30 without the beach or nice weather. Upon arrival into the side door by the main bar, we were struck by the astonishing smell of sick and old beer and we were less than inclined to eat our breakfast there when we were told that the bar doubles as the the restaurant. I can't imagine that the sausages would have been any good... So anyway, several hours, a wedding and many strategic gins later I figured I would sleep through a hurricane. Boy, was I wrong! The bar itself wasn't too horrendously loud, but the customers in the outdoor seating/smoking area were in fine voice until well after sunrise. Every hour or so a door banged somewhere in the hotel which made me wonder if they did rent rooms on an hourly basis. Still, as I was wide awake I had plenty of time to inspect the room. At first, the standard of decor looked pretty good, and the room was clean. However, cracks in the ceiling plaster didn't look too promising and the shower cubicle was kind of difficult to describe, but lots of screws had been half-driven in which made it feel a bit flimsy. By 6am, we'd given up on sleep so packed up and checked out. We tried to be nice to the girl on the bar as we left, but to no avail. She was best described as hostile. So, dear traveller, avoid this hotel like the plague. There's a travelodge nearby if you're hell bent on sleeping in Norwich's most busy area. We are just very glad we are not still there.

1  Thank Axeman5000