Holiday Inn Norwich City
$81
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
1,063 results
All reviewsfootball pitchcarrow roadnorwich citypitch viewfootball fansmatch dayspitch sidefootball clubtwo double bedsfootball matchretail parkexecutive roomcar parkreception staffmodern hotelper nighttrain station
Reviewed October 7, 2010

We had to pay £289 to share bedroom with my husband's ageing parents, whereas if they were fit enough to have had a room of their own, we would have only paid £89 per room. IHG Head Offices, in UK & USA, were totally inflexible. Having booked room for 4 people, after ongoing correspondence with them, there were still only supplies in room for 2. Car damaged overnight, in car park, attached to football stadium

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
GeneralManagerNWICR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2010

Thank you for posting your review to Trip advisor and your choice in choosing Trip advisor to detail your dissatisfaction with the customer service department, of the IHG. However this does enable ourselves the opportunity to inform future guests for which I thank you.
It is unlikely that one can purchase a stay at our property for the value £89.00 for four adults, one could as stated have bought two rooms for £89.00 each, this being the discounted terms apply rate of that day.
We do have several interconnecting rooms which may have suited your purpose, a room with two double beds and the other with a further double bed. These are ideal as the sleeping configuration could suit in turn several needs. These have been praised by carers and the cared for alike in the past. Naturally should both you and you husband have needed to be in the room of your parents in law at the same time, we could not have met your need at a lesser cost.
Your reservation for a standard twin room, which includes two double beds, would not have been assigned until your arrival as there 81 standard rooms of this type included in this hotel, I’m pleased we able to provide an extra two cups, tea, coffee and extra towels, every room naturally has four towels. I’m thankful that in past communications you were able to praise the team in meeting your needs similar to other reviews on Trip advisor.
I note that we supplied a complimentary electrical extension lead vital to the running of apparatus required during your stay; it may be helpful for other future guests to note that the supply of such equipment cannot be guaranteed and advance notification would be highly recommended.
Our License to operate this hotel in this location is governed by authorities outside of our business, and instruction is to limit room occupancy at every opportunity to two adults per room, however our brand will not permit the deletion of the extra person criteria, hence it is set at as value to dissuade multiple occupancy. Your booking criteria to occupy the same room were met, following advance notification of price and communication to IHG Customer Service.
Once again thank you for allowing ourselves the opportunity of comment, many Holiday Inns and associated brands throughout the UK welcome multiple occupancy of rooms and in turn can be purchased at prices which represent great value.

Reviewed October 5, 2010

THis is the second time I have stayed in this hotel in the past few months as my son is studying at the nearby University of East Anglia. On both ocassions the hotel staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. The rooms were most comfortable. During this last visit we had, by chance, a room with the view of the Norwich City pitch and were able to watch the game - a great bonus. As we booked early we got the lowest rate around 70 pounds for a family room which accommodated me and my wife and my 17 year old son. The breakfast was OK and if you book it the night before it costs around ten pounds, so not bad value. Just around the corner, and part of the ground, is Delia Smith's excellent upmarket Delia's restaurant as well as her American themed Yellows, which I can highly recommend. The other great thing about this hotel is it's location..you can enjoy a ten minute walk into the city or a two minute drive to the Castle Mall car park and there you are in the centre of a great shopping city. For those with youngsters at UEA..it's a ten minute drive to the university and perhaps 15 minutes at the most to Norwich International Airport. Only downside is that you have to pay 4 pounds fifty for use of the car park - there again the car park attendants are the most friendly I've ever come across. Full marks to the Holiday Inn and their staff.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
GeneralManagerNWICR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2010

Thank you for your review, I’m pleased that my colleagues were able to meet your needs on both this and past occasions.
I understand that the cost of parking can cause issue, we only pass on a small proportion of our cost, further charges would be inappropriate in our current climate, I’m pleased however that everyone you came into contact with were friendly and attentive, I will take the opportunity to pass on your comments to our neighbours.
The Holiday Inn Norwich City, does provide an excellent base for visiting the UEA and the attraction of Norwich, the ease of finding the hotel and it’s location within easy reach of the outer ring road allows in turn easy access to the east and west of the city avoiding City centre traffic.
I trust we will be able to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Norwich City in the near future to once again visit your son during his studies.
Best regards

Reviewed October 5, 2010

We stayed in this hotel last minute as we had booked in another hotel in Norwich but left early. The staff were very friendly and extremely professional. They allowed us to go into our room at 10am so we could use the shower. The rooms were exceptionally clean and spacious. We had a brilliant view of Norwich Football Club's pitch.

The whole hotel felt and smelt brand new. The beds were very comfortable and clean. The bathroom again, like new and exceptionally clean.

The food in the breakfast buffet was lovely - no powdered eggs and canned mushrooms! It was all fresh and hot.

I can not speak highly enough of this hotel. Truely value for money. Everything is as expected and better. Staff are very professional.

I would recommed this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
GeneralManagerNWICR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2010

Thank you for posting your review following your recent stay, I’m pleased that we were able to contribute to your enjoyment of the weekend.
I’ve taken the opportunity to thank personally my colleague on the front desk who braved the rain to come to your assistance, as parking is split either at the front or rear of the property.
I welcome your detailed descriptions of our breakfast offering, bedroom and bar service; I trust these will be of benefit to other potential guests in the future.
I have shared your comments with my colleagues, who I’m sure will take heart from your positive comments from the welcome arrival through to the cleanliness of your room.
I trust it will not be too long before we are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed September 30, 2010

Ideally situated within a 5 minute walk from Norwich railway station. Friendly and swift check-in, staff friendly and helpful, room spacious, clean and more than adequate-not too sure about the carpet though! Spacious bathroom, plenty of complimentary items and as much hot water as you'll ever need. Good place for meetings, bar spacious and clean, food menu, including room service selection excellent. A good place to stay, a good place to conduct business. Thankyou.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind words and positive review of The Holiday Inn Norwich City.
For the business user or leisure guest alike The Holiday Inn Norwich City provides as said an excellent base of operations.
I have ensured that my colleagues have had the opportunity to review your posting a share your positive comments.
I trust it will not be too long before we are able to welcome you back to the hotel should your needs bring you back to Norwich.

Reviewed September 28, 2010

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Central last weekend, what a really nice hotel! On arrival we were not sure where to park, the receptionist came out in the rain a guided us to a space.

The hotel is right next door to Norwich Football Ground, when we were checked in by a very friendly young lady she did not mention we had a pitch facing room, and to our suprise as we walked into our room and pulled back the net curtain there was the game playing right in front of us, it was brilliant we were a stones throw away from the Hull supporters stand, you felt like you were in the stand, it was fantastic! so we watched the second half of the game from the comfort of our hotel room, what a great way to start your stay!!!!!

The hotel room was huge, with a lovely big bed, pillow menu!, large desk area, seating, nice flat screen tv, tea and coffee facilities with biscuits! (which was nice, you never see biscuits anymore!), complimentary water, big wardrobe with plenty of hangers, iron and board, and a nice sized bathroom with bath and shower. The room and the hotel were very clean and it is nice and modern, not to fussy.

We had a drink before we went out that night, it has a lovely bar areawith flat screen Tv's on the wall, I had a Gin and Tonic which was served in a rather snazzy slanted glass!

Breakfast was very nice, with a really good selection of fruits, yoghurts, breads, condiments, cereals, coffee/tea and a menu for the cooked foods.

All the staff were really friendly and helpfull, and the walk into Norwich is not to far, I would defiantly use this hotel again and would reccomend a stay here.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple