Holiday Inn Norwich City
$130
  • Pool
$88
$73
The Old Rectory(Thorpe St Andrew)
$139
$135
$93
Stracey Hotel(Norwich)
$77
$75
  • Breakfast included
Wensum Guest House(Norwich)(Great Value!)
$58
$56
$81
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
$195
1,063 results
All reviewsfootball pitchcarrow roadnorwich citypitch viewfootball fansmatch dayspitch sidefootball clubtwo double bedsfootball matchretail parkexecutive roomcar parkreception staffmodern hotelper nighttrain station
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Enjoyed our stay here. Room a bit dated. We had hoped for a fridge in our room but none unfortunately. Bathroom nice but grouting quite badly stained. We visited during Wimbledon but that channel was not working during tennis games and reception couldn't fix for either of people in our two rooms. That's the negatives.
Positives are that the ac works brilliantly although it doesn't help if housekeeping take out room key when out for the day so the room heats right back up and one comes back to boiling room. Beds are very comfy. Staff are very nice. Terry in the restaurant was absolutely lovely and could not do enough for us. Lifts are efficient. Rooms are quiet. Car park was full so they organised to let us park next door.
Overall good stay but not perfect. Would return.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Hiren V V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

Dear Kate,

Thank you for leaving a comprehensive review, highlighting not only the bad but also the good points of your stay. Our rooms have been designed to be contemporary and includes Italian fitted bathroom fittings to the highest quality for our brand and I am sorry to hear that you felt our room was dated.

Please be assured that all the points highlighted in your review have been rectified. In regards to air con begin turned off by housekeeping, as we are part of a IHG Green Engage hotel we participate in an advanced, worldwide sustainability effort and play an active role in protecting our environment.

Meeting and exceeding guest expectations is key to our success and each and every member of my team is trained to ensure all guests have a great stay and I am glad to hear that Terry made it little bit more special for you.

The team will be disappointed that we could not make your overall stay extra special however as you will be back with us I am certain that we will make your stay perfect and you could give us well deserved 5 stars!!

Thank you and we await your return.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

On entering the air conditioned hotel I knew we had made the right choice. Lovely lobby, friendly receptionists (Tatanya & Emma). Pitch view room, with two double beds, we were spoilt!
Fab dinner (try the mixed grill), great breakfast and very good service from all the bar/restaurant staff especially Noemi. Will be back for longer next time. Oh and good location for restaurants. Recommend "Thai On The River". It was excellent. City centre within easy reach by bus. Free entry to Leisure Centre but only had two days so didn't get a chance to use it this time. Have booked a return trip for longer in 6 week's time. Can't wait to return! Many thanks guys x

Room Tip: Pitch view room was awesome.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hiren V V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Hi Diane,

Thank you for your great feedback, I will ensure I share your comments with the team and know that Tatiana, Emma and Noemi will be thrilled that they were able to make your stay that little bit more special.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Norwich City in six weeks' time!!

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Booked a double bed room for me and my man horse and was delighted to hear we were given TWO doubles beds and an awesome view of the football stadium. We are not into football but it was nice to watch seagulls go around and around.
Prices were a bit high but for what we got it was great. Room was big, clean, well ventilated (it was hot as ever yet we never got too hot in the room itself) and the bath was lovely and very big.
Did spot a big fat spider above one of the doors down the hallway, as someone who is deadly afraid of spiders I did an amusing dancing leap past it. But I am sure that is just a fluke caused by having windows open due to the heat. Room itself was spider free.
TV was weird to work with but fine. One channel was fuzzy but we still watched it because Star Wars was on.

Breakfast was like 8/10. Could of done with more cereal selections and other baked goods (I ran to the muffins only to find blueberry on offer. :C ) but as it was eat as much as you like we stuffed our little faces. Your bacon is sad but the sausages were very tasty. One thing I hated was the tiny thimble glasses for juice, I had to go back and forth like squirrel burying nuts about 5 times to get a proper drink. But still, there was apple, cranberry and orange on offer and there was milk too (for cereal) which I took a mug full.

Nights were very quite and we slept well despite the heat. Beds are comfy and we had lots of pillows. Staff were all great and helpful even though the heat was making other customers a bit ratty or excitable.
Probably will be back sometime soon for other events in Norwich as its a prime location just next to the Train station and super market just down the road. Odeon is next door too. Nice.

Room Tip: We were on floor 2 and right at the end (201) which is where the ice machine was just outside our door. As it was hot we basically ate all the ice and rolled in it.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hiren V V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Hi Katie,

Thanks for your review, I'm delighted you had a great stay at Holiday Inn Norwich City. Thank you for your observation in the hallway and I will certainly discuss with my head housekeeper. I was pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your breakfast, however sorry to read that you felt the bacon was not to your liking and I have asked my chef to review this with the supplier.

I do place a huge emphasis on exceeding guest expectations and delivering individual, friendly but professional service and I am pleased the staff looked after you so well.

Many thanks once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel!

Reviewed July 17, 2014

We had a very nice room overlooking the football pitch on the 6th floor which only cost £10 per night to upgrade to. The staff were generally friendly and attentive. Room was fine and very clean. Breakfast is never that great in chain hotels but this was one of the better ones. Avoid the rubbery scrambled egg though and get an egg cooked! 10-15 min walk to city centre.

Room Tip: Top floor worth a cheap upgrade had air con and a bigger room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lee B
Hiren V V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Hi Lee B,

Thank you so much for your comments. Your review is definitely one we are all pleased to read. Your kind words and feedback with regards to the team have all been passed on as it is something they can all be proud of. I will definitely have a quiet word with our breakfast chef in regards to the scrambled eggs.

We look forward for your next visit and await for your 5 star rating.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

I booked a midweek break away with my partner and we were both completely blown away by this hotel, it is without a doubt one of the best hotels you can imagine, the whole experience is utterly perfect and Holiday Inn should be proud of this hotel and its staff.

The hotel is in a very good location close to Norwich city centre and easy to drive to, this would also be a very good place to stay if you were planning on watching a match at the adjacent Norwich City football ground. The walk in Norwich city centre is around 10-15 minutes up a slight hill, with the Riverside area about 5-10 minutes away which is good for meals and drinks out.

Inside the hotel is very modern, stylish and spotlessly clean. The staff obviously take utmost pride in the appearance of the hotel. There was not one fault we could find.

The room was large in size, with high quality fittings and fixtures all round including the bathroom. The bed was very comfortable with a choice of firm or soft pillows, added to this the window kept out any traffic noise, we heard no noise from the hallway and the air conditioning unit was minimal in noise and all contributed to a perfect nights sleep. The room comes with the usual supply of tea and coffee, with shower gel also provided and a non-slip mat to place in the bath.

I can recommend the breakfast which was a buffet service offering a Full English, salad, cereals and pastries. Much more than what I was expecting but still to the same high standards offered at this hotel.

I must end by saying that the biggest highlight of this hotel is the staff. From the moment we arrived and until we left all were polite, smart and gave the impression nothing was too much trouble for the guest.

We will definitely return to this hotel soon and will recommend it to anyone who is thinking of staying in Norwich. You will stay nowhere better than this Holiday Inn!

Room Tip: Room 112 was larger due to being on the corner of the hotel. So I'd guess any room number ending x12 or x14 (where x denotes floor number) has a larger room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Hello Xp132476, I am always glad to hear that we have helped make someone's stay so very special. I am very pleased you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and it is always very rewarding to receive positive feedback about the staff and the service they delivered. Thank you for your kind words.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.