“Just The Job”

Holiday Inn Norwich City
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I don't often give full marks but this hotel certainly deserves them. Everything from check in to check out was excellent. The room was clean and well equipped, the bar area was welcoming as was the restaurant. I ate in the bar but from the restaurant menu and this was welcomed. Food was well cooked, portioned and presented served with a smile. After a good nights sleep it was up for breakfast which is buffet style, well cooked with specials available. I'll be returning.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Hiren V V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review they are always very much appreciated. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and will I will certainly share you positive comments with the team.

As you may be aware we also have fantastic pitch view rooms available which are bookable directly with the us and would definitely recommend f you are looking for a view outside in a city centre location.

I trust we will have opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Hiren Varvadekar

Write a ReviewReviews (1,014)

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stayed at this hotel on Saturday night and was extremely disappointed to find that although there are ample disabled parking bays they were full cars for the entire duration of our stay. None of these cars were displaying disabled badges. When I asked the reception staff about the situation they stated that the parking at the hotel was owned by the football ground and a fee of £4.95 was required for overnight parking. I was advised that this did not apply to the disabled parking at the front of the hotel as they were owned by the hotel. What on earth are you doing? If the parking places are not dedicated to disabled drivers then please do not mark them as such. I will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Hiren V V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear HullGul84,

I am sorry to read your dissatisfaction in regards to the parking situation. As stated on our website the parking can be heavy on match days and unfortunately the Saturday you are referring to, we had a premiership game on. We are unable to guarantee parking spaces, same as any other city centre location.

I am sorry you did not bring to our attention at the booking stage that a disable parking space was required, had this been bought to our attention we would have of course reserved a space for you. On match days we maximise on all parking spaces available to make sure our guests have as many spaces as possible. It is a shame about the parking, however do trust if you do return your experience will be very different and I would suggest requesting a disabled space to be reserved to avoid disappointment.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

As a company we are normally booked into a different hotel when we are in Norwich. But they were closed for redecoration. Thank god they were ! Now this is a little out of the way, (next to football stadium) but it really didnt matter for us.

Rooms were comfy and clean and well apointed.

Breakfast plentifull and hot.

Service top notch. We always enjoy working in Norwich as the staff at the theatre are so good. But we have found the perfect hotel to make a normal working week a fantastic working week.

Room Tip: There are pitch view rooms, if you like that sort of thing.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Hiren V V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Thank you taking the time to leave a review "hmonster". I am delighted to hear that you found the hotel exceptional and in particular our comfortable rooms and excellent breakfast offering. I have shared your kind feedback with my team.

We strive to deliver excellent customer service in a friendly environment and work towards making this a Great Hotel that Guests Love. I am delighted that you felt this was the case.

We do have fantastic pitch view rooms which are bookable direct with the hotel and are excellent for match days.

Again, thank you for staying with us and I hope to see you return in the near future.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Stayed here on a Saturday night , hotel was in great location 2 mins from rail station and only 5 mins from centre of town . We were giving a stadium view room but unfortunately there was no game on but great view all the same . Room and bathroom was spotless , really friendly and pleasant staff . Had buffet breakfast on the Sunday morning was fresh and tasty no complaints . For the money I paid hotel and breakfast great value . No wifi in room even tho I am an ihg elite card but not a major problem as free wifi in lobby . Would highly recommend this hotel .

Room Tip: Ask for stadium view
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Hiren V V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear eildon100,

Thank you very much for your review about our hotel. Its great to see you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed our excellent breakfast offering, we always do utmost to please everybody and it seems we've done a great job on this occasion.

The rooms and bathrooms are of great size and are modern and contemporary, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the excellent pitch view room. Please do call us direct to book a pitch view room for your future stay.

You will be pleased to hear that since your visit we have installed fibre optic and high speed wireless internet is now accessible throughout the hotel.

I trust you get the opportunity to return to us again in the future in the meantime thank you again for taking the time to tell us how your stay went, I and the rest of the team really appreciate it.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

A clean and modern appearance doesn't really make up for poor service, horrible beer and second rate food. After 4 separate visits I'm convinced that the problems I've experienced are endemic. The staff are polite enough when you can pin them down, but they seem over worked and just can't give satisfactory attention. 20 minutes to be seated in a near empty restaurant, 40 minutes for a cold starter, food that tasted like my daughter cooked it, missing towels, broken sleep due to early morning deliveries of what must have been very large beer barrels, all really basic stuff. I'm fortunate - I travel on business, but the next time I'm in Norwich I'll be trying somewhere else

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Lucy R, Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the hotel. It is a real shame that you have experienced problems during your stay. I do hope you raised your concerns with the team members so they would have been able to rectify this for you. We also have a strong full team in place where most members have worked at the premises since the day the doors opened and take pride in their work and as you mentioned they are very polite. We do not allow any deliveries before 9am and will refuse them if they arrive before this time. I do hope you will reconsider staying with us again in the future.

Kind regards

Lucy Rose
Operations Manager

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Needed to stay in Norwich as celebrating a birthday with Family. Clean and modern hotel, the plus of central location and really good value. Rooms very spacious and especially nice bathrooms.

All in all really worth a visit if you are looking for a friendly, modern and central hotel with excellent facilities. Nice lobby and plentiful buffet breakfast ( didn't have evening meal).

Try it, sure you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: They have rooms that over look the football pitch. Busy hotel on match days.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Dear shaunvl,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review, and of course thank you for recognising and highlighting some key element of our modern and contemporary hotel. It is good to hear that you enjoyed our pitch view rooms which can certainly be booked direct with the hotel.

I do trust we get opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

This is our fourth stay here, third pitch view (first two unexpected) but first football match experience.

As this was match day, it was extremely busy. Checking-in wasn't as good as the previous stays though.

The room was standard but clean. It had all the basics but included the Sky Sports package which was good.

Of course, the most important thing was the view of the ground. We were on the first floor and saw between 90-95% of the pitch. The only obstruction was a floodlight/roof support on the Barclay stand.

We opened the window to let in the atmosphere and it was great as the hotel is opposite the away end but also next to the home support.

When you take into account the cost of two match tickets, it makes a stay at Holiday Inn Norwich City very good value.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ian C
Lucy R, Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the hotel. It is good to hear that you have returned to us and to receive one of our fantastic pitch view rooms. Match days are extremely busy, but very unique atmosphere. Our full four corner pitch view rooms are highly recommended on a match day as you can watch the game from the comfort of your bedroom. We also offer a selection of other room types from standard twin/doubles, Executive rooms if you would like a little bit of luxury, and our suites, which feature a separate lounge area. It is always worth calling the hotel direct to see what special offers are available for the different room types. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back a 5th time.

Yours sincerely