$106
$81
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
1,063 results
All reviewsfootball pitchcarrow roadnorwich citypitch viewfootball fansmatch dayspitch sidefootball clubtwo double bedsfootball matchretail parkexecutive roomcar parkreception staffmodern hotelper nighttrain station
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I have stayed here 10+ times over the years and always book here when I come to Norwich on business. The rooms are of a good size and very quiet for a good nights sleep. Wifi is now included in the room rate. Restaurant and Bar are both very nice and the Chef's menu is both tasty and very good value. The staff are both pleasant and welcoming. Kitty was especially welcoming and even stopped to chat for a while which was very much appreciated.
Look forward to staying at the Holiday Inn, Carrow Road when I am next in Norwich.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Lucy R, Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I know the head chef and his team will be pleased to hear the food is tasty and good value as they have been working very hard in this area. It’s great that Kitti made you feel welcome; she joined the hotel only a few months ago and has become a great asset to the team. It’s great that you have stayed with us over 10times and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed October 16, 2013

This was our third visit to Holiday Inn Norwich City and again we were not disappointed. Check in was an easy process. The staff at reception were polite and professional and we were soon checked in and unpacking in our room. We had chosen a standard room which was clean, comfortable and spacious. Storage space was excellent and the bathroom was large and had a bath with overhead shower.
There is a large bar area at the hotel and although the drinks were slightly pricey they were on a par with most hotels we had stayed at. The restaurant area was comfortable. We had only booked in on a B&B basis so can't rate the evening meals but can state that the breakfasts are served up buffet fashion and had a good variety of things to eat. On checking out we handed in a completed hotel questionnaire with positive comments which was responded to by post a few days later.
f you are planning a visit to Norwich then this hotel is worth considering as it is within a few minutes walk to the City centre, ideal if visiting the football club as it forms part of the stadium and near to the city's nightlife.
This hotel is certainly on our list of hotels to return to.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Lucy R, Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Thank you for your time in writing a review about our hotel. As the reception is the first point of contact it’s always good to hear that the check-in was easy. The team work hard in making sure everything is ready for our guest’s arrival so it’s nice to hear that you found the team polite and professional.

We pride ourselves on our rooms and I am glad you found it clean with plenty of storage space. Our bar area looks amazing especially at night with the dimmed lights and the relaxed atmosphere.

Breakfast is always the highlight of our guests stay and I am glad you find there is a good variety of choice.

I can remember your comment card with the helpful comment of illuminated clocks in the room which I do feel is a good idea and certainly something I will work on for the future.

It is always great to hear great feedback and the team work hard on achieving good customer service. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Greeted amazingly by Nick. Was staying at the hotel on business and made to feel extremely welcomed. Wanted a brew and food during my stay, went to the bar and Aleesha and Bill (and rest of staff) made my trip away from home seem like a pleasant dream! Would highly recommend the Norwich city holiday inn experience to any guest lucky enough to anyone reading this review...

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for your kind review. When the team get recognition from a guest it means a lot to them and we make sure they get a special mention at our team meetings in the morning. These team members get mentioned a lot for their superb customer service and Bill has been with the hotel since the day it was built which makes him an asset to the team. I will make sure your kind comments get passed onto the team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

As a family we have had consecutive August weekend breaks at this hotel in 2012 and 2013. On both occasions our family room has been clean, tidy and perfectly suitable. The breakfast has been hot, varied and plentiful but you do need to arrive before 9am to not have to wait for a table in the main restaurant. The card menu eggs benedict and the waffles were disappointing but otherwise buffet spread is very good. The card menu choices are included in the rate, not just the buffet spread.

As a returning guest this year I did request an upgraded room by email prior to arrival. I received a speedy response saying that they would give us a corner high floor room that overlooked Norwich FC's pitch. There was a pre-season friendly on the Saturday and it was good fun catching the 2nd half from our bedroom window overlooking the full pitch. Bumped into Delia in the hotel lift Sunday morning, wished our respective teams 'best of luck' for the new season, despite her having snapped up my team's excellent manager and young winger!

It is the prefect location for visiting Norwich centre, using local restaurants or, as we did, exploring the Norfolk Broads (Wroxham day boat hire 30-mins away) or the wonderful coastal towns.

Highly recommended for families up to 4 persons for a Norfolk weekend away at very good value. Will hopefully enjoy a 3rd consecutive weekend next August!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review, and its great to hear that you are returning guests to our hotel. Its good to know that the room standard has remained the same and that you find breakfast is varied. This is the most popular meal of the day and can get very busy at weekends but it’s nice to hear that the food is always hot and plentiful. I have spoken to the Head Chef with regards to the specials menu and this will be something they will look into and improve upon.

I am glad your request for a pitch view was responded to, and to get to see a game and Delia is not a bad result all round.

We look forward to welcoming your family back next year and maybe you will bump into Delia again.

I will pass all your kind comments onto the team.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I stayed here for the first time on business and will definitely be back. Really conveniently located and excellent service. My room was large, clean and extremely comfortable. Rooms were serviced thoroughly every morning with plenty of towels supplied (something some hotels restrict when there's only one person in a room). I had breakfast each morning in the hotel and there was a really good choice of hot and cold fresh food. I'm really particular on customer service and the staff at this otel excelled themselves....from reception through to the bar staff. I'd definitely recommend this hotel....

Room Tip: Rooms facing Norwich City Football Club can be a bit noisy on match days
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Lucy R, Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Thank you for your review. Our rooms are designed to be extremely modern and are fitted with the finest amenities. We have great staff here at our hotel and the housekeeping team are an asset to the hotel. We are glad that you are pleased with their services and will pass your thoughts about the room onto them with congratulations. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your breakfasts with us. We are always receiving positive comments about our food. I shall pass on your kind comments to our staff and I am pleased to hear that you would recommend us. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Kind Regards,