$75
$153
$69
$52
$101
Dunston Hall(Stoke Holy Cross)
$195
$166
$143
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $164/night.

$126
$82
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
1,082 results
All reviewsfootball pitchcarrow roadnorwich citymatch dayspitch viewfootball fanspitch sidefootball clubtwo double bedsretail parkfootball matchexecutive roomcar parkreception staffmodern hotelper nighttrain station
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I had to stay in Norwich overnight on a work trip and based on previous Holiday Inn experience decided to stay here and I was not disappointed, and was impressed.

I always think that a good indication of a hotel is the welcome at reception on arrival, and I have to say the staff were outstanding, a genuine welcome makes a good impression and indicates quality.

Our room was very good well kept, well maintained and very comfortable. Deciding to eat out there was plenty to choose from within very easy waking distance, whether chain restaurant or something a little more local.
The riverside location would seem to offer much to explore and would make a really good place as a base for a weekend in the city.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Quinton O, Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Norwich City. We are glad to see our hard work in welcome and first impressions are generating such good feedback. I have related this to the staff. Our lactation is a key to our success as a City based hotel and the Riverside is a convenient walk away from our front door. We trust that we will be welcoming you back soon. Kind Regards Quinton O’Shea

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed for two nights at the end of March, as we were visiting friends in Norwich. We both went to university here so are familiar with the city. We chose the Holiday Inn having never stayed in one before, based on the price and the easy walk into the city.
We found the car park very easily, and after a brief wait, we were booked in by the incredibly friendly lady at the counter (didn't catch her name, but she was lovely). Our room was warm and cosy, nicely furnished and clean. I've seen some complaints here about the sound of the heating (we had it on full the whole time- it snowed a lot over the weekend!) and the best noise I can compare it to is the quiet hiss of a kettle as it starts to heat up- vaguely noticeable, but definitely not offensive or loud enough to keep us awake!
The only (very minor) improvements I could suggest- a heater in the bathroom would be lovely- only a problem when it's as bitterly cold as it was that weekend, but the shower wasn't super powerful enough to mean I wasn't a little chilly. Also, a little more tea and coffee, sugar and milk in the room would be great, but it was very easy to go down to reception to grab some more.
All in all, a good value stay in a very comfortable room. We'll be coming back!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MelissaA182

Good morning Sirs. Welcome back to Norwich and we are pleased that you chose the Holiday Inn Norwich City as your hotel of choice. Thank for your positive comments. We benefit from a great location with the City and Riverside complex just a short walk away. I am partially pleased to hear that our warm reception welcome has been so well received.
We are at present reviewing our noise levels in regards to the Air-conditioning units and I am glad that you found it not too intrusive. The cold weather has forced our systems to do extra time substantiating your comments regarding the heating in bathroom. Thank you for your observations about our bedroom coffee and tea accompaniments. We always note these for brand compliance improvements.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back.
Kind Regards. Quinton O’Shea

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed just for one night as meeting up with family at Riverside. We found the staff very friendly. We had a lovely view of the pitch. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

One grumble, you have to pay to watch the television when most hotels we have stayed at offer if free of charge.

We would definately stay here again.

I only gave this a 4 as we did not experience the restaurant during our stay.

Room Tip: Only a five minute walk to the Riverside complex, situated far enough from the noise of the nightclubs.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Quinton O, Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Sirs. Thank you for taking the time to write your positive review. We, at the Holiday Inn Norwich City appreciate our excellent location with the Riverside and City access walking distance away. I have relayed your positive remarks about our staff friendliness and room condition to our teams and they thank you in return for the comments. We have a selection of free terrestrial TV channels that also include Skye Sports and other popular channels for your entertainment. We also offer a selection of Pay per view movies that comes with a standard charge for viewing. We are all looking forward to welcoming you back to us. Kind Regards

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Had stayed in the HI Norwich City in a pitch-facing room before, which was fine. In our two street-facing rooms this time, the loud howling sound coming from the windows at night suggested force 9 or 10 gales. On opening the windows, however, we found that the wind was only moderate, and the noise was gone, too. So it is just shoddy windows, which, unfortunately, we could not leave open due to freezing temperatures. Reception staff evasive and unapologetic, mumbling something about adverse weather conditions, even though the problem must have been brought to their attention numerous times. Breakfast in the morning among the most unappetizing I have seen.

Room Tip: Pitch-facing only
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Quinton O, Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Good day Sirs, Firstly I would like to apologise for your need to write such a review. We, at the Holiday Inn Norwich City, have a great reputation when the occasional guest service issue arises. However, I am very disappointed that you feel that our customer recovery service has not dealt with your concerns in this instance. I have read your concern about the noise and I can confirm that we had unusually high wind turbulence during your particular stay. The hotel is a relatively new build with modern facilities, but my maintenance manager is investigating your complaint about the window. Your comments about the reception staff have been shared with the respected manager as we always use any feedback to improve our customer service. Our breakfast menu and food quality meets the highest standards for which the Holiday Inn is renowned. It includes 74 items as per standard which the majority of our guests regard as satisfactory. Finally, I would like to invite you to discuss this further. I hope you would be so kind as to contact me directly Quinton.oshea@kewgreen.co.uk as the opinion of our guests who stay with us is taken very seriously and we aim to provide exceptional customer service to all of our guests. Regards, Quinton O’Shea

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night for work. Good location for Norwich train station and city centre. Plenty of bars and restaurants in walking distance. There's a shopping outlet opposite the hotel too.
If you're a fan of the canaries it's ideal as some rooms have a pitch view.
The hotel is fairly new so is in good condition. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Nice perk is that you have all sky sports channels in the room. Low point - basic toiletries and no wifi in the rooms.
Breakfast was good, staff were cheery.
Overall not bad at all!

• Stayed: March 2013
Quinton O, Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Good day sirs. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your comments in regards to your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Norwich City. Yes we are very fortunate to have a key location near the City and Riverside entertainment centre and Norwich City Football Club. I am also pleased to hear that our staff are being recognized for there attitude towards friendly service. I will also take your comments about our bathroom toiletries and Wi Fi in rooms availability onboard for discussion with our brand team as part of our commitment to service improvement. Thank you again for your support and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind Regards