“Very welcoming hotel next door to football ground” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Norwich City

Holiday Inn Norwich City
Ranked #8 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
London
“Very welcoming hotel next door to football ground”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stayed overnight to see a football match. Very friendly hotel and reception and bar staff most helpful. If you ever have to stay in Norwich this is a great venue. The food looked excellent although I only had a light snack. Hotel is only a couple of minutes from station

• Stayed December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bill H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We are really pleased you had such a great stay with us and you found the hotel to be so welcoming. We recently won the "Great Hotels Guest Love" award at the European conference which we are all very proud of, so your comments really back up what the award is all about.

I'm hoping we'll be staying in the premier division next season so perhaps we'll see you again for another game, alternatively come up in the summer there is so much to see and do in Norfolk a week is just not enough!

Thank you once again for your comments they are read and much appreciated by all of the team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
Downham Market, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Firstly the reception staff were very helpful and friendly. We were also able to check in early. We asked for a room in a quiet part of the hotel, and we got it. The room was very clean and comfortable. One only drawback was the prices of the drinks at the bar.

On the whole however a very enjoyable stay, near to all amenities, and bars etc.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Blonndemadwife
Bill H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for your review about our hotel. I'm really pleased to hear that you found the hotel to your liking and that the team looked after you so well.

The rooms are great and still look just about how they were when we opened over five years ago a real testament to the care and attention given to them by the housekeeping team.

Our bar prices are similar to most hotels within the city, we do have certain wines etc that are on offer so the next you stay ask one of the team about any "Special Offers" we may be offering at the time.

Thanks once again for your review it's really important to all of us to get feedback from our guests so that we know we are getting it right and from your review we are.
Northampton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Speedy check in with no fuss but still a warm greeting. I was given a room on the top Executive floor.

Room splendid with a really good bed. I slept well although it wasn’t until I opened the window, often not possible in modern hotels, that I achieved the optimum temperature for me

No problem parking at the ground in the hotel section even though it was a busy match day.

Walked in to and out of town.

Decided to have a nightcap and was surprised that the barman struggled to serve me a port. His manager had to stop him giving me a Grand Marnier. It was the smallest one I have ever been served, especially galling as it wasn’t cheap but the achievement of actually getting it meant I had no will left to ask for a proper measure. All other staff encountered fine.

Didn’t eat at the hotel

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bill H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thanks very much for taking the time to review our hotel and I'm really pleased you liked your room and the facilities and that you slept well.

I'm sorry that getting a glass of Port became such a big issue we serve hundreds of people every week so I have to assume that the person you got on the bar was one of our new members of staff or one of our students from France, either way this should not have happened, let me know the next time you're here and I'll get you a glass of Port personally, you'll find my office right next to the reception desk.

Great to hear all the other members of the team were helpful and friendly.

Thanks again for taking the time to review the hotel and I hope to meet you personally in the near future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stayed at this holiday inn for two nights on business and found it to be brilliant! I had a fantastic room overlooking Norwich city football ground. All of the staff were wonderful, very friendly and could not of been more helpful. The food was also really good and a very good selection of wine on offer. The hotel has a small gym which is fine for a quick workout but the reception staff will provide you with a voucher to use the nearby Leisure centre which has an excellent swimming pool, sauna etc. I enjoyed my stay enormously and it was great in every way, although I would say it is the people that work here that make the place so great, from reception, to bar staff through to the brilliant guy in facilities who even fixed my lap top for me.... Highly recommend this for a trip to Norwich (which is a great place to visit).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank emmabroom
Bill H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thanks for your great review of our hotel on Trip Advisor we all work really hard as a team and your feedback is a real tonic that shows all of us our efforts are really paying off.

The hotel is fantastic and the pitch view rooms are amazing, if you stay in one during a match you'd be stunned by the atmosphere around the ground which usualy has a crowd of 26,000 people it is a sight to behold.

We get a huge amount of compliments about our food and in particular our specials which are made wherever possible from locally sourced suppliers, Norfolk has an abundance of produce available and it's all exceptionally tasty!

Our mini gym is well equiped and very popular and I'm really pleased to hear you made use of the pool and sauna across the road, it's a great facility that is sadly underused by many of our guests.

James was happy yo help with your laptop problems and was chuffed he got to the bottom of it.

Norwich is a great place to visit and it's getting busier and busier, the Premier League has a lot to do with it which is great news for this wonderful city which I hope we can welcome you back to in the future.

Thank you once again for your comments they are really appreciated by us all.
Chichester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

I often thought I would make something of my frequent trips to Norwich by staying at a different Hotel or Inn with every visit, however, that has long ceased to be the case.

The Holiday Inn @ Carrow Road serves all of my needs perfectly. The staff are friendly and approachable without ever being unprofessional; the rooms are large, contemporay and spotlessly clean-as are all the communal areas of the hotel; whilst the restaurant now offers a far greater choice of food than it had originally, including some of the best pizzas you will find anywhere-an innovation of the current Manager I believe!

Its also good to see the same faces on every visit, clearly the team enjoy working here and it shows both in their performance and the atmosphere in the hotel overall. It may be part of a chain but it has the feel of a privately owned establishment. An easy choice and the only one in Norwich for me, despite fierce competition.

Room Tip: You'd think a pitch view room would be quieter than one overlooking the City, but be aware that...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your review on TA and I'm delighted you have found a hotel in Norwich that you are so comfortable in. It has always been our goal to give guests a great experience whenever they stay and its testament to the team here that they are constantly praised by all of our guests for how good they are.

We are always introducing new dishes on our menu and we usually have a daily special which ranges from Indian to Moraccan to traditional Great British comfort food and as the weather changes so do our specials. The pizzas have been in for a few months now and have become a firm favorite with many of our regular guests so thanks for the mention and it's great to hear how much you like them.

My office is located right next to the reception desk so please feel free to call in and say hello on your next visit, your feedback is always appreciated.

Thank you once again for your review and I hope I'll be able to meet you personally in the very near future.
NOTTINGHAM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

This is by far the best Holiday inn i have stayed inn.
It is clean and luxurious, and the staff are very friendly.
It is not in the best of locations, but a short bus ride into the centre of Norwich, which is very picturesque.
Try Riverside, a new development walking distance from the hotel, many eateries.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MARKSANDERSON
Lucy R, Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for your review and fantastic comment “The best Holiday Inn I have ever stayed in” this is such a lovely statement and the team are thoroughly pleased with this.

Since the hotel has opened we have worked hard on keeping the property unique. It is a 15minuet walk into the City centre but like you said there is a bus stop nearby where the buses run every 10minuets.

Riverside is great and growing all the time, it's also a lovely place to go and walk in the evenings as there is always a good atmosphere.

Thank you again for your amazing review we really do appreciate it.

Lucy Rose
Operations Manager
Portsmouth, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

I booked this hotel for a weekend away with my daughters as it was within walking distance of Norwich City centre. We had no idea that the hotel is attached to Norwich City football ground. We were treated to a wonderful match which we could see all of from our hotel window! Great surprise. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the hotel beautifully clean and the restaurant was affordable with good quality food.
We had a great weekend, highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

It’s so lovely to hear that you had a room facing the football pitch and that you were able to watch a football game, that certainly would off been a surprise. We do pride ourselves on our staff and it’s nice to hear that you found them friendly and helpful. I will make sure all your kind comments are passed onto the team who will all be very pleased.

Thanks again for taking the time to write a review we all really appreciate it.

Lucy Rose