Holiday Inn Norwich City
$76
  • Pool
$125
  • Pool
The Old Rectory(Thorpe St Andrew)
$144
$74
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
$92
Dunston Hall(Stoke Holy Cross)
$103
$98
Barnham Broom(Barnham Broom)
$227
$204
Travelocity
1,064 results
All reviewsfootball pitchcarrow roadnorwich citypitch viewfootball fansmatch dayspitch sidefootball clubtwo double bedsfootball matchretail parkexecutive roomcar parkreception staffmodern hotelper nighttrain station
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Ashleigh very helpful on reception, as were all reception staff. Rooms very clean, pitch lit up for Xmas, breakfast lovely and staff helpful. Only minor grouch, bar staff less helpful in evening and bottled bitter bit expensive.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Stayed her for my birthday in November. My wife booked it as a surprise for me as I am: a) a Norwich City fan and b) we were eating at Delia's restaurant nearby.

We were in a superior room which had as standard bath robes and I presume are bigger than normal rooms. Unfortunatley there were no 'pitch' view rooms available - but I would like to see these.

Room was very clean and tidy, nice selection of beverages.

Breakfast was expensive but tasted OK - I think there could be a slight improvement here.

The late night barman was a very friendly chap (and big darts fan) and was more than happy to serve us drinks and chat to us.

Check in and out was painless. All the staff were helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Ask to see the glorious Carrow Road pitch!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Spent four nights there last week, combination of business and pleasure.

Upgrade due wasn't available when we checked in but rapidly sorted out and duly done the next morning, arrived back to find all baggage in "new" room and everything sorted-thankyou.

Service excellent as usual, all of the staff are friendly and want to please which makes such a change and is a big, big difference to the attitude in so many of the large hotel chains.

I dare say there are other good hotels in Norwich but I won't be trying any of them out next year as long as this one remains in "the zone". Thankyou and see you again soon...

Room Tip: Be aware that there can be an issue with noise from the lifts mechanism on the top floor.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I stayed overnight at The Holiday Inn, Carrow Road in Norwich UK. The hotel is right next to the Norwich City Football Club, home of the Canaries. Was allocated a room on the 5th floor but didn't fully realise it had a Pitch View until the morning when I got a nice surprise (see the photo taken at 7.22am which I've uploaded).
Check in was swift and efficient, which was appreciated especially as I needed a late check in.
Check out at 12 noon was equally swift.
I was charged 4.95 GBP for overnight parking which I wasn't expecting, especially as it was in an unprotected car park behind the hotel facing the Jarrold Stand of the football ground (Parking is free if you can get a place at the front of the hotel). That said, the convenience was what I needed so I'm not making any bones about it. Just good to be aware.
They really have great customer service. Staff were very friendly and, together with a comfy room, is exactly what this business traveller needed out of this stay. Next time I make sure I sample the breakfast...
So Overall, I'm rating it Very Good.

Room Tip: The elevator shows that there is a VIP suite on the 6th floor, might be worth a look if you have the money and time to enjoy it. But otherwise the rooms seem to be a very high standard.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Joseph_Spear
Reviewed November 15, 2011

We found this to be a very comfortable hotel in a great location next door to the Norwich football ground. The standard was very high and the staff friendly and attentive. This is quite a new hotel and the facilities are excellent. Good size rooms and lovely comfortable bed. We were impressed when comparing with other hotels and great value for money. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms to the rear overlook the football ground.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends