All reviews large asda air con ring road norwich airport breakfast was included would stay again room was spacious city centre yogurt saturday night supermarket wetherspoons inns norfolk pubs
Selected filters
Reviewed March 31, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here with 4 other ladies for a hen do. The lady on reception was helpful but wouldn’t let us wait 10 minutes for the final person to arrive so we could split the bill which was a bit inconvenient but never mind. The room was clean and the beds are comfy, clean decent bathroom and a nice shower. The shuttle service into town was brilliant £5 a room. We asked to be dropped off somewhere they don’t normally go, the receptionist said no but the driver said yes so he was very helpful and we really appreciated not having to call a taxi. The breakfast wasn’t very good the sausages were burnt and nasty, not a lot of choice either but it was free so...
They did go out of the way to provide for my vegan sister though, cooking her special sausages and finding soya milk so that was good. Would stay again but would go out for breakfast next time.
Handy to have the Asda close by and we were happy to stay out of the noisy town.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
DarrennFCR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2019

Hi Mehan44Lang,

Thank you for your review. I'm happy that you made good use of our shuttle service and that the breakfast team accommodated your sister.

My apologies that the breakfast wasn't up to standards, despite it being a complimentary part of your stay we still want it to be the best it can be, so I will feed back to the team.

Best wishes,

Reviewed March 31, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here on a Thursday evening, and first impressions were good - clean and modern reception, friendly check in and the room was of good standard too.
However I like to apply my version of Maslow’s ‘Hierarchy of Needs’ when I stop at a hotel, and consider the following to be the very basic requirements that are essential before moving into other features which may lead a Utopian sense of self fulfilment. These basic requirements are - clean room, comfy bed, plentiful supply of toilet roll, decent beer choice at the bar and a stable WiFi reception.
Without these cornerstones of modern existence in place, you may as well be living in a cave, trying to make fire by rubbing some sticks together.
Well this Holiday Inn did meet most base requirements.....with the exception of one. At a very critical point in my stay - the Classy Cas Tigers were mounting a heroic comeback against the big city slickers Leeds Rhinos, and on 75 minutes the WiFi departed, and never returned!! Even the next morning there was very little signal despite me following every IT helpdesks advice and ‘turning it off and on again’!
For some this may seem a minor point, but in the world we live in today, if you remove the ability to post Candy Crush progress online to the waiting millions, then you are failing to fulfil mans most base requirements.
WiFi aside, room was clean, bed comfy, beer choice ok and toilet roll plentiful.
Breakfast was a bit average, buffet style, nothing special. Due to its proximity to the airport it’s a good base for any flying passengers - just don’t forget to bring a dongle!

Date of stay: March 2019

Hi Daugtanion,

Thank you for taking the time to write a beautifully creative review. I'm happy to read that there was enough toilet roll in the room and that the room was clean and bed comfy. Also that first impression were good and that the team were friendly.

I could say at this point that we were trying to prevent some AI inspired future distopia and return us to some form of Neanderthal based living arrangement, but this would simply be untrue. The simple truth of the matter is that we were having technical issues with the internet in which I can only apologise about (we also tried turning off and on but were also frustrated by failure). We have recently upgraded our Fibre Broadband offering and have further improvements on the way. I can only hope that this can help further your Candy Crush ambitions if you were to stay with us again in the future.

I hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed March 16, 2019 via mobile

At first you think, hotel at the back of a supermarket? and the front of the building looks 1970,
But through the door it's a different place, reception, bar and breakfast staff all more than too happy to help,
Rooms simple but provide everything you could require, perfect for an overnight stay, a little out the way for the tourist trail but situated on the ring road so with a car getting around the area is only 10 minutes away

Trip type: Traveled with family
DarrennFCR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2019

Hi Paul C,

Thank you for your kind review. I'm happy that you were pleasantly surprised with the hotel and that the staff were able to look after your needs.

I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 26, 2019 via mobile

Good location in Norwich. Even has shuttle run for airport.
Welcomed on my very late arrival. Downside room was freezing in entry but soon warmed up
Good size room and comfy bed
Good selection of food for breakfast
Better value for money than competitor hotel across the road

Trip type: Traveled on business
DarrennFCR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2019

Hi rel_ntless82,

Thank you for your kind review. I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed the bed and the breakfast.

I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed February 17, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here from Sunday 10th to Thursday14th February .for a business trip with work.this Holiday inn express hotel is nothing fancy in fact i would say i have stayed in far better premier inns recently the rooms are basic and i didn't enjoy the breakfast the choice was threadbare so i wouldn't recommend paying 300 pounds for 4 nights not value for money you should stay in premier inns all the time

Trip type: Traveled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2019

Hi muller2611,

I am grateful to you for being one of our guests at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, and getting out of your way to leave us your feedback. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not as comfortable as it should have been. Sad to hear that we fell below your expectations for our area of room comfort and dining experience. I will make sure that our team will use your feedback for future improvements.

Though your stay was not outstanding, we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your future travels.

Many Thanks,