“Everything you need”

Ranked #35 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Ireland
“Everything you need”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

I had to go home for a wedding and we decided on the Holiday Inn on the outer Ring Road for its handiness to everything. The room was spacious and had everything we needed, the staff on reception and housekeeping we extremely friendly and efficient, they went out of their way to help. The only thing to really let the hotel down was the food, breakfast was excellent but we ate there for dinner on two evenings and both were quite poor and not cheap either. It was a shame. There is a deal with the swimming pool next door for £20 for a family which I also thought was quite steep.

Room Tip: We didn't realise that you had to ask reception to use the air conditioning in the bedroom so if...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
HIEXDutyManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear SecretbeautyCo,

Thank you for your stay with us at Holiday Inn Express Norwich. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found the accommodation suitable for your requirements. I have made note of your comments regarding staff friendliness and will ensure these are passed on to the team. I am sorry the you found the evening menu of poor standard, I will ensure this is passed on to our Food & Beverage Champion. I also apologise you found the health center expensive. I'm afraid the only passes available are full health center passes which do entitle you to 24 hours access of all facilities which is why the passes are £20.00 per family.

I do hope you stay with us again and thank you again for your review.

Guest Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

the hotel is ok the rooms is a bite dated carpets all need new one as lifting .staff very polite. need a proper restaurant as we had to order in bar overall was a ok stay but not my first choice of hotel in that area

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
HIEXDutyManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear ilhadourada21,

Thank you for your stay with us and for choosing our hotel to meet your accommodation needs. I am pleased the hotel was OK and staff were polite and have taken note of the comments regarding our restaurant. I do apologise you would prefer table service in our restaurant, however this would be against our Brand Standard at Holiday Inn Express so will forward your comments to IHG directly.

Thank you once again for your stay and I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards.
Farnborough, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

the hotel was ok just rooms a bit dated and carpets in floor all lifting up needs a bit of life. stuff very polite. needs to have a proper restaurant as food was order at the bar.would stay here gain but not my priority in Norwich

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
HIEXDutyManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear C Susana N,

Kind Regards.
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

We stayed here in the 2014 July heatwave and the aircon in our room did a brilliant job of keeping us cool. I really couldn't fault our stay here at all. The staff were friendly. The room was spotlessly clean and we were very pleasantly surprised at the quality and variety of the buffet breakfast. There is a supermarket just 5 minutes walk away which is ideal for shopping for essentials and a pub called The Whiffler is just 10 minutes walk way and is ideal for a 'pie & a pint' without the need to get in the car or book a taxi. Excellent place and great value for money. We'll be back to stay, when we next visit Norwich.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Malcolm H,

Thank you for your stay with us and for writing a review online. We are delighted you enjoyed your time and found our staff friendly. I am also pleased to read the room was spotlessly clean. We pride ourselves on good customer service and room cleanliness so it is great to read these points were highlighted in your review.

I do hope you choose to stay with us again should you require accommodation in Norwich and hope to welcome you back soon.

Manchester UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

Having stayed at this hotel in 2013 we thought a return was in order for an exploration of Norwich and Broads area. Observations: Hotel would benefit by updating. Lift would not work to 2nd floor. Aircon is efficient. Shower pressure is good, but soap dispenser is set too high.Two teabags and two milks are not sufficient but extras are readily available from reception. Breakfast is quite adequate, sometime needs to be filled up faster, but a reasonable choice available. Why oh why has the scruffy old ice rink next door not been demolished or redeveloped, it's a blot on the landscape. Easy to get from the hotel to The Broads' by car.

Room Tip: Second floor providing the lift is working
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
HIEXDutyManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear Digglegate,

Thank you for your recent review and for choosing Holiday Inn Express Norwich. I am pleased we were able to welcome you back from a previous stay back in 2013. We love to see our guests return and welcome all feedback and criticism to improve on any areas we may have fallen short on. I will ensure your comments are passed on to relevant departments for review and apologise for occasional wait during breakfast service. Unfortunately, the ice rink is not owned by the hotel and we are currently unable to do anything with the buildings exterior, but we are fully aware of the unsightly roof and are looking to find ways to get this improved.

Thank you once again and I hope we can continue to welcome you back on your future visits to Norwich.

Lowestoft, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

I stayed here on business & slept very well. Excellent location with easy access to the city, A47 or airport. There is a wither spoons with cheap food & beer close by, surprisingly clean without your normal rowdy clientele.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Brent K,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for choosing to stay with us on your visit to Norwich. I am delighted to see you enjoyed the accommodation and found the location suitable for your stay. We love to receive feedback to measure our guest satisfaction and hope we can have the pleasure in welcoming you back in the near future.

Welwyn, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

Having read the reviews from other travellers, I had steeled myself for the worst and was dreading the overnight stay that had been booked at this hotel for our group. However, it was OK. The room was spacious and the bed very comfortable. The pillows were marked up "soft" and "hard" but were actually all identical and not particularly good! The shower was large and comfortable and as I hate pokey bathrooms, this was fine. The air-conditioning was working beautifully - thank goodness because it was a very hot weekend. Nice modern TV and despite overlooking the front car park, and fully booked hotel, the room was very quiet and we experienced no noise at all. My only complaint is that the carpet was rucked and very stained. The rest of the room was spotlessly clean. Breakfast was a bit grim in that nothing cooked tasted particularly nice - I think the ingredients were very cheap and basic, but what would one expect for the very inexpensive room rate? All in all, good value for one night.

Room Tip: I think rooms were pretty much identical. It was quiet with a front facing room, I don't know a...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
BenSayer, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear SandraK44_13,

Thank you for your stay at Holiday Inn Express Norwich.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel online. Although some of the reviews may be negative, we do receive a lot of positive feedback and I am delighted that you experienced this first hand. We are due to have the remaining rooms re carpeted this year but delighted the overall accommodation was suitable for you. I will ensure your feedback is passed on to the relevant department and hope we can welcome you back in the near future.