“A very good value for money hotel; clean, pleasant service”

Holiday Inn Express Norwich
Ranked #35 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Good, clean, friendly hotel. Food good and staff professional. Location a little disappointing. A hotel for business and leisure stays. Limited access to other restaurants and asda right next door. Can bring takeaways in

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Kamilla T
BenSayer, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear Kamilla T,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express Norwich to meet your accomodation needs.

I am pleased you found our hotel staff proffesional and food good in the hotel. I will ensure your comments are passed on to the staff as I'm sure they'll appreciate your kind comments. We attract many business and leisure guests due to our location on the Norwich Ring Road which boasts excellent transport links into Norwich City Centre and the surrounding towns. I'm sorry you felt the location slightly dissapointing but hope you were able to travel to your points of interest with ease.

I hope we can welcome you back in the near future and thank you again for your stay with us.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Holiday Inn Express, Norwich is typical of other HIG hotels. Well laid out, nice convivial atmosphere, attentive staff and reasonably comfortable rooms. Breakfast is complimentary and very adequate. The only complaint was that the A/C in our room was not working, and the room was therefore very warm. even during the night, making it a bit uncomfortable. However, an ideal place to stay if travelling from Norwich airport, or touring Norfolk Broads.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear terryb1941,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to leaving feedback online.

I am delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the complimentary breakfast we offer. I am sorry to read that the air condoning caused discomfort on your last night with us. Unfortunately the air conditioning was attended to immediately by an engineer, but the part required to fix the unit had to be shipped in. This is a rare occurrence and I hope you still trust our brand to provide the excellent accommodation we are renowned for.

Thank you again for your review and I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

I booked three rooms here for my family as it is convenient to visit my parents. The Hotel staff were very welcoming and helpful. The Hotel itself seems very clean and the Bar/Breakfast area is quite nice. The air-conditioning in my daughter's room was not working so reception gave her a fan. The beds were very small and uncomfortable and ours sagged a bit in the middle, but as it was only for one night it was bearable. There is a breakfast included in the room rate, which was quite nice. I would stay here again but not for more than one night at a time due to the beds.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
BenSayer, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Dear GlennCroc,

Thank you for your 3 star review left on Tripadvisor. We appreciate all feedback from our guests and I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel.

I am delighted you found our staff efficient and enjoyed the complimentary breakfast we offer. Our team works very hard to ensure each guest has a pleasant experience with us and I'm sure they"ll appreciate you positive feedback.

I do apologise the air conditioning was not working in one of your rooms. We are aware of this problem and we are awaiting an important part to be shipped and fitted to resolve this. Ideally most problems such as this can be fixed immediately, it is unfortunate that on this occasion the problem was more complex and the parts required were not readily available from the engineer.

I am also sorry to hear you felt the mattress dipped on your bed. We use very high quality Hypnos mattresses to meet the brand standards of IHG so I will investigate your room as to what may have caused this.

It is great to read you enjoyed most part of your stay with us and you would come back in the future. Again I apologise for any problems that you may have experienced during this stay but I trust your next stay with us will exceed your expectations as we continuously work to improve the quality of accommodation we provide.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Stayed here for 2 days rooms were small but clean and had all the things you needed . Breakfast was nice and food was very nice and plenty of it . It was in good position to some shops and coffee shops . Would stay again

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
BenSayer, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2014

Dear Judy H,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for leaving a review online.

It is great to read your positive comments and I'm most pleased we were in a suitable location for your requirements. We are lucky to be situated within walking distance of Asda and Virgin Active Health Club which offers a Costa Coffee within its premises. The city centre is also a short 15 minute drive away which offers excellent shopping facilities. I hope you were able to visit these during your stay.

Our complimentary Express Start Breakfast is in constant review along with our Dinner Menu to offer a good choice of food for our guests, so I am pleased you enjoyed what we had to offer.

Thank you once again for your comments and I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

After over a week in the hotel all I can say is don't let this be your first choice unless your just sleeping there. The rooms are fine clean etc no problems there. Now it comes down to the service/ customer care there isn't any. Let's start from the top no draft beer for 4 days when it did turn up it was flat well it would be when you poor it from a height. The food can take anything from 30-50 mins to turn up and the breakfast is very limited but ok for being included. The staff can be a little rude with you please and thank you wouldn't be hard.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
BenSayer, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2014

Dear Chrismonna,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express Norwich and for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am pleased you found our hotel clean and suitable for your requirements.

I am concerned about your comments regarding little customer service and rude staff. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service as many of our previous reviews have recognised. It is very unlike any member of our team to act in a rude nature and basic manners most definitely comes naturally so I will have to investigate why you felt this customer service wasn't received during your stay with us.

Please accept my apologies regarding a longer waiting time in the restaurant during your time with us. We will always work to provide meals within 20 minutes of an order being placed, however during peak times we may take a little longer and we will make guests aware of this at time of ordering. Please accept my apologies for this delay.

Our Express Start Breakfast meets the IHG Brand Standards and unfortunately we are unable to extend our breakfast offering. Although we cannot provide the same offering of a full service hotel, you will be pleased to know breakfast is completely free in any room rate and the items are continuously monitored to ensure they are of a high quality.

Once again, thank you for your recent stay with us and I hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Very welcoming and efficient staff. Room was great and easy to get to. No bath - just a shower which is fine for a one night stay. An evening meal was available and the menu, whilst not extensive, certainly had variety. The help yourself breakfast was well set out and did the trick. The environs are not particularly great having to navigate through the foot and car traffic for both the Virgin Health Club and the ice skating rink. Two small issues for me 1) the ground floor room that I was in did not have any windows that actually opened. There was air-con so no problem with temp control but I just happen to like some fresh air. I understand it from a security perspective though as there was also a door which, although alarmed, cause me a few moments of angst and 2) there was no internal chain on the door. Probably because the door is one of those electronic key opening ones, there is no need but I would have felt a little safer just being able to put a chain across (both) doors!

Room Tip: Being a Holiday Inn - all the rooms are good. The ground floor rooms are fine with no external noise...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank htur61
BenSayer, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Dear htur61,

Thank you for your positive comments and for choosing Holiday Inn Express Norwich to meet your accommodation needs for your stay in Norwich.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and particularly pleased that you found the breakfast selection of a good variety. Our evening meals are in constant review to ensure a variety of products are available and I will pass these comments onto our food and beverage champion for review.

I'm sorry to read you could not find the chain on your bedroom door. Please be assured we do have chains for the comfort and safety of our guests, but as a newly designed hotel, these are situated in the door panel itself and activated by a rocker switch above the door handle. Please do not hesitate to ask a member of staff if you need assistance with this.

I do hope we can have the pleasure in welcoming you back soon and thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

I stayed for one night whilst taking a night out in Norwich. The hotel is on the outer ring road near to Asda. It is £10 in a taxi from the railway station. There is nothing much nearby (pubs/restaurants). At reception, the guy was friendly, welcoming and polite. We had a double room (they still do smoking rooms) which I found unusual. The room had definitely seen better days, the carpet was very worn and marked and the bed was very soft....not to my liking, although it was clean. There was a double sofa bed so I guess the room could sleep 4. Breakfast was ok, typical HI Express. On reflection, if you can book earlier enough and get a good price then stay here. If not just stay at the Holiday Inn near to the railway station, much better rooms, cleaner and better location.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear scopie100,

Thank you for your taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased our hotel was suitable for your needs and you found the hotel good value for money booking on one of our advance saver rates. We do value all feedback and use this to measure our standards and guest satisfaction. We do still offer a very limited number of smoking rooms to meet the demand of all our guests; however these are located on a separate corridor to ensure comfort for everyone staying with us.

I am sorry to hear your room had 'seen better days' and will chase this up immediately with our housekeeping and maintenance department. Many of our rooms have been renovated with new carpets throughout and I am sorry you were not allocated one of these.

Thank you again for your custom and I hope we can welcome you back soon.