“Fine at the right price”

Holiday Inn Express Norwich
Ranked #35 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Cambridge
“Fine at the right price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

For the sector this hotel is in we paid a pretty high price. The location is OK (not central if you want to go shopping unless its at ASDA) and the parking was not pleasant. After a long drive to Norwich circling the car park in the rain for 15 minutes looking for a space was not my idea of fun. Most people seemed to be using the Sports facility nearby.
The WiFi charge, again for this range of hotel is optimistic at best...the excuses offered only serve to embarrass the poor desk clerks....
The room was fine, very clean and quite quiet. The carpet in my room was rather odd...large areas raised up which I am surprised have not been fixed. I nearly tripped over them on numerous occasions.
Breakfast was the same standard as a Travelodge except without the low price....I would strongly suggest this area is invested in.
It would not be my first choice in Norwich.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TheClanster
UlaCiesielska, Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property online and I will ensure that I share your comments with our hotel Team.

It was great to hear you were pleased with your breakfast and room cleanleness.

I would like to apologize for the car park issue. Fortunately the car parking is free of charge and additional car park spaces can be found at the bottom level of Asda car park facilities in close distance to the hotel.

I am sorry to hear that you found the room to feel tired and carpet to be worn out. I will ensure that this comment will be communicated back to the Maintenance and House Keeping departments and that all issues will be dealt with properly.

Once again thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express Norwich and I hope to welcome you again to our hotel in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed here last night (Saturday) as hubbys flight from Norwich airport had been delayed.
Reception area was clean and tidy and was made to feel welcome though did have a slight "lost in translation" issue at times.
Our room was quite a distance from the lift which was difficult with our 12 week old, however the room was very welcoming and a very good size with plenty of space for bubbas travel cot. It ws very clean and tidy with clean towels and bedding and, unusual for accomadation like this, extra pillows!
Didnt stay for breakfast as there was 2 coaches of "silver foxes" booking in for the Thursford experience, and as hubby had already left didnt fancy struggling around with my baby in a car seat.
And although the reception staff were very busy with this and breakfasts, after calling down for a hand with my stuff a very nice and friendly chappy ws straight up to assist with my luggage.
My only complaints would be that the room was cold when we arrived (not good for a November evening with a babe) and we couldnt find the instructions to operate the thermostat (OUR fault as didnt look for the "welcome details" supplied next to tv) However, after contacting reception they adjusted it with there computer and we soon warmed up, though not as cosy as I would have at home. Also, the hair dryed didnt work but wasnt worth moaning about.
After staying at many a Travel Inn/Travel Lodge in the past, will definately be choosing a Holiday Inn for future stop overs.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank ccefamily
UlaCiesielska, Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this review, November 21, 2012

It was great to hear you were pleased with your stay and you did not come across any major problems. I'm pleased that you found the hotel staff to be friendly and helpful.

Please accept my apology for the hair dryer being out of order. I will ensure that this comment will be communicated back to the Maintenance departments and that all issues will be dealt with properly.

Daventry, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

The room was of an acceptable standard although a little cold at night.
Probably the best way to describe the location is in the corner of Asda car park and next to one of the ugliest structures I have ever seen (which I think is a skating centre).
The hotel also has a Virgin Active gym next door which gets really busy on weekday evenings so be prepared for a walk when parking.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Chris I
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Norwich. I am glad that you took a time to share your hotel experience online.

I am glad that the hotel room has met your accommodation needs.

I am sorry to hear that you AC did not work properly during the night. This problem could be resolved straight away by contacting our 24h reception, who would change the setting in the room through the computer. I would like to apologise for the hotel's surroundings. The Ice Ring has been closed down couple months ago. We believe that new business, which will take over the building, will improve the outside look of it.

Again I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback, as it’s only from guest comments we will be able to continually strive to improve our service.
Watton, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed here a couple of weeks ends ago, £55 for a double room and breakfast for 2, couldnt ask for much more! Breakfast was continental with a wide range of bits, rooms where cosy and warm
Well worth a look if you just want a cheap bed for the night, was cheaper than getting a taxi home

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Danny35352
UlaCiesielska, Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this review, November 13, 2012

It was great to hear you were pleased with your room, breakfast and found the price paid to be good value for money.

Nottingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our daughter is at Uni in Norwich and we need a good value place to stay when we visit her. We have stayed here at least 4 times. Always a friendly welcome, rooms are clean, good choice of food for breakfast. It is a buffet breakfast and so isn't cooked to order and is obviously done to a cost, but offers excellent value, you can eat as much as you like.
It's not pretty on the outside and it's surroundings aren't pretty, but it is conveniently located for easy access to Norwich and the airport.
Haven't tried their offering of evening food, but there is a McDonald's and Wetherspoon's within walking distance.
The issue of parking has now been addressed, the bays reserved for hotel guests are more clearly marked and monitored by CCTV.
We will be continuing to stay here when in Norwich.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Maggie200
UlaCiesielska, Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this review, November 7, 2012

I am pleased to see that you have been a loyal customer and you chosen to stay with us again. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you didn't come across any major problems during your stay.

The hotel team is looking forward to welcoming you back to our property in the future.
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

Another good Express by Holiday Inn which for the small premium over a Travelodge (getting worse by the day), you get a good room, good selection for breakfast and good service. I've used this location twice in recent months and have always had good service.

It's one of the older versions of this brand as can be seen by the TV's in the rooms for instance, as well as having the original modular bathroom, but it's still good and very much worthwhile checking out if you're after a clean, comfortable, no nonsense hotel close to Norwich.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ianbp
Thank you for your comment regarding your recent stay with Holiday Inn Express Norwich.

I am pleased that you found the hotel's room to be clean and comfortable. Our House Keeping team appreciates your positive feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your complimentary breakfast. I'd like to thank you for your positive comments regarding our customer service provided to you during your stay.

Again, thank you for your review of our hotel. I hope that you will be able to return to Norwich soon, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Express hotel.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for three nights. Inside, in very good condition, rooms modern, but tv not widescreen. Internet access in room only via wired connection and expensive @ 9.95 per 24 hours. Bed comfortable. Limited car parking right outside hotel

Would stay again if in area.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank PGTips101
UlaCiesielska, Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this review, October 26, 2012

I am glad to hear that your enjoyed your stay with and your accommodation needs has been met.

Your valuable comment about expensive internet connection has been already passed on to General Manager. We are going to review our internet policy in order to provide better services as we are aware that the internet connection is one of the essential requirements.

Again I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback, as it’s only from guest comments we be able to continually strive to improve our service.