“What a night”

and 1 more site!
Norwich Hotel
Ranked #41 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Reviewed September 5, 2013

When I arrived I was shown the room which was very poorly furnished. I was on a completely different floor to my travelling companion. When I started to look round the room I realised that there was very little carpet that wasn't badly stained, so much so that l wasn't prepared to walk on it without my shoes on. I did ask if I could change rooms but they said there were none available. I had been in bed about an hour when the rest of the guests staying on that floor returned.To my dismay I found I was sharing the floor with a Stag night and for the next 5/6 hours I was subject to shouting, arguing,door slamming loud music and room swapping.I think I was the only female on that floor. I would never stay there again

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marilyn L

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stayed here again for the second time this year. I've found it good both times. It's a two star hotel that needs a touch up here and there. No issues with noise. Friendly staff. Rooms seem ok, seemed clean. For a cheap stopover it's not bad.

The only thing i'd gripe about is the beer pipes have not been cleaned out in a while. I had arrived wanting a nice pint, and what I got was disgusting, undrinkable, sour and I tried two of their lagers. So if your reading this Lansdowne, please clean your pipes, you should not be selling beer that tastes that awful.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Ok so it needs modernising and some redecorating but apart from that its lovely. As lovely as £35 per person per night can be. For that cheap we weren't expecting it to be fabulous!! Staff are friendly and the hotel is clean. Accept dogs with no extra charge or hundreds of rules. Happy people & dog!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

On arriving we checked in and were told there were no non-smoking rooms left even though we had booked one. Were offered 2 single rooms but at full cost. We were assured that it had all been aired so decided to stay. We then proceeded to the lift which had the old grill door on the inside. We pressed the button to go up, jolted to a start and then came the stopping which was with such force that it nearly jolted you off your feet. Stuggled out through the grill and proceeded to room which did smell of cigarette smoke. It was advertised as having a restaurant, but apparantly only for breakfast. We were told to either go out for dinner or get a takeaway menu from the barman, the only helpful staff member.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was staying here for work reasons and can honestly say I have stayed in better hostels. Firstly the room stank of smoke and looking out of the window there was hundreds of cigarette butts from previous smoking guests. Getting past the smell I noticed that there was a loaf of moudly bread in one of the draws and an empty poppers bottle under the bed. I don't want to know what had happened in this room previous to me but it was a dire hotel. The bed was hard and the overall cleanliness of the room was poor.

I could go on but I won't. Please don't even think about booking in here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank coyoteboy82
Reviewed June 23, 2013

A group of us stayed here over this weekend with fear after reading the reviews on this site.
And to be honest, whilst it wasn't the Ritz it was OK. Clean, functional and friendly. Yes dated and a bit worn. But put it in perspective, its a budget hotel, and not as terrible as some are saying. Dont stay here for your honeymoon or a romantic break. but don't be scared by the other reviews.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

I arrived at the hotel and my instincts told me to go immediately but I checked in to a room straight out of 70's which is ok if maintained but this room was awful- DIRT and grime in bathroom, judging by the Staines on the bed it had more of a sex life than me! Noisy at night and clearly sex workers using the hotel as due to the noises and coming and goings! All this and I'd only been there an hour!

• Stayed: May 2013