“Excellent Value”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Norwich
Earlham Guest House
Ranked #69 of 80 Norwich B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 14, 2013

As a contractor I've found it difficult to find decent short term accommodation at a reasonable price however Earlham Guest house has been excellent. Great value for money with meticulously kept rooms and Tony and Pat are genuinely nice hosts who go out of their way to help you (The laundry service has been a life saver for me!). The location is great too only taking a 15 minute leisurely walk into the city centre. All in all I highly recommend!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Chris D

Reviewed August 14, 2013

This was a great find via the visit Norwich website. The B & B was clean comfortable and the hosts welcoming but unobtrusive.
It's well located for all Norwich has to offer. I would recommend staying here if visiting Norwich. I will certainly come here again on my next visit.

Room Tip: Although the B & B is on a main road, the house is set back from it with a large front garden as...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Mayspecial28
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Friendly, informal atmosphere, clean, pleasant rooms, varied breakfast choice. City bus service right outside the door, good room rates. I've stayed here on 4 visits to Norwich, over the past year,in preference to other B/B's & intend to continue. It's on a B road, some traffic, but it's quiet enough at night (& I usually stay in a front room).

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Dennis F
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I found Tony and Patricia to be very rude, unfriendly and not helpful. A) rude greeting at the door as Patricia thought our son was staying with us, which he was not - very suspicious and confrontational B) we asked to use the phone as we forgot something at my Aunt's in Cornwall - make it quick and glared at my husband the whole time C) Husband went down for breakfast on the first morning by himself as I was still tired from the long trip the day before. Tony said " Your wife has upset my wife and that upsets me". I never went down for breakfast after that. D) Very noisy location - busy street E) A bench was set up in the outside front entrance so you had to go through smokers to get into the B and B. F) We travelled through Europe for 4 weeks and found Earlham to be the worst experience of the trip. Do not stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank 428HappyDancer14
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Very clean and tidy rooms. There was a varied choice for breakfast. The hosts were very welcoming and friendly. There was a frequent bus service into the City Centre. I thought it was very good value for money and decently priced. I would definitely stay there again and would recommend it to others.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Angela197
Reviewed April 26, 2013

BE AWARE..The free internet DIDNT WORK in the bedroom or breakfast area. On arrival I wasn't offered the WiFi code and as it was nearly 10pm I needs to inform family of my arrival. Once in the room I felt I would be intruding to go down and ask for it. Anyway it didn't work when I asked for the code during breakfast.
The breakfast was acceptable but the lady runs around and hardly stops so you had difficulty asking anything which was a bit unsettling.
It would help if Tony was more welcoming and took greater care to cover all the bases needed to settle newbies into the place. I didn't find him helpful or even approachable if things were on my mind.
BE AWARE...Very poor response time to emails if at all! This to me should have been a RedFlag and if they can't be bothered to be professional then I shouldn't have bothered either!
The room was basic and could use some updating with improved furniture, fittings and shower room. It was all a bit down market for and missed out on any love or affection!
Also I had a front room...BE AWARE you will get poor sleep with traffic noise on the main road outside all night!
The payment was about par for Norwich but I know of better value elsewhere. BE AWARE there is an extra charge for credit cards and if only staying for the one night.
I did notice that the property is for sale on a business web site so probably that's why's there's little
Interest in customer satisfaction!

Room Tip: Front rooms means poor sleep as on main road!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Clean and value guest house although a little far from city centre.The landlady is a little bit exacting like a mum but she is basically nice woman.Attention! It's ban to bring takeaway to your room also ban to smoke here.Take care.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo