“Fantastic and Great B&B in Norwich”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Norwich
Earlham Guest House
Ranked #77 of 86 Norwich B&B and Inns
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Fantastic and Great B&B in Norwich”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

After staying at the Earlham Guest House for 2 weeks, I just move to a nearby house I rent. Tony and Pat are superior as they make my moving to Noriwch much easier. As I was moving to Norwich for good, I needed a place to stay before finding a longer term solution. The first name came to my mind is the Earlham Guest House; I visited Norwich few years ago and my staying with Tony and Pat then was a wonderful experience. On top of that, the guest house is very affortable: it has one-bed rooms as well as two-bed rooms with en suite, and the seventh night is free for each week you stay. Moreover, I also enjoy the flexibility it provides: you can book the room for a slightly longer period and only three nights' notice is required in case your plan is changed. Indeed, I booked the room for four weeks although I only stayed there for two weeks, simply because the rental market is not as crazy as I expected.

The rooms were exactly what I remembered: spotless, freshly decorated and smart, clean fresh bed linen and towels - nice big bath towels too. The food for breakfast was also superb - freshly cooked exactly to taste and a good choice of full English, cereals, fruit and Yogurt. What more can I say? I would definitely recommend it to my friends and/or whoever is looking for a B&B in this area.

Room Tip: Singer rooms on the top floor is larger
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

I work on the Norwich Research Park and live in Cambridge; once or twice a week I work late and stay over in Norwich. Having tried several local guest houses I finally stumbled across the Earlham and now stay there whenever they have a room free. It is two miles from the NRP (even closer to the University campus), 15 minutes walk from the Guild Hall area of Norwich City Centre and on the bus route. It is a welcoming, clean, reasonably priced and well organised guest house.
If you want a posh hotel then this is not it - but if you are looking for a family atmosphere and a straight forward stay then you can't do better.

Oh, and the breakfast is everything an English breakfast should be.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank J W
Sheffield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Advantages? Clean ... easy to find ... nearby street parking if quick off the mark ... a nicely presented cooked breakfast. (That said, my egg was hard and we'd been informed, a minute after arriving, that fried egg was the only option with full English. I've nothing against fried egg, you understand, but it seemed a strange point to insist on, especially when we'd said nothing to prompt the remark! A touch of Fawlty Towers here.) Other downsides? Charmless decor ... metal plates on each stair riser ... tiny towels ... bars of cheap soap where for £50 a night most B & Bs pamper you a little ... grim lighting (the place eschews cosy lampshades in favour of wall mounted neon strips) ... a trek from bedroom to cold, charmlessly functional bathroom one floor below. (At least the shower worked though, so having read the review of an en suite room whose shower produced a damp dribble, perhaps we should count our blessings). On arrival my partner and I were shown a cramped attic room with one single and one 3/4 bed, and told that should we use the former there'd be an extra charge. Our room was airless: no through draught; window that opened only a few inches. In the night we woke sweating. I immediately felt under the sheets, confident of the cause. Sure enough a thick rubber mattress cover was the source of our discomfort. We got up to strip and remake the bed - minus the incontinency aid - before we could get back to sleep. Rubber sheets are the pits. Is there insufficient profit in B & B to cover the cost of replacing mattresses as and when needed? The practise seems insulting, in keeping with a not-exactly-rude-but-not quite-friendly-either manner which, not far beneath superficial courtesies, suggests a touch of contempt for customers. Not good enough!

Room Tip: Look elsewhere.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Norwich hotels

Faro, Portugal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

If you want a nice comfortable welcoming homely Guest House at very competitive prices,look no further!
They do an excellent breakfast beautifully presented,you pre choose the day before and a very good choice there is to stating the time you want it
I will be returning again..

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Maryestoi
Exeter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2011

One of the few places with a number of single rooms. Clean, comfortable, good breakfast, genuine b and b, conscientious owners. I doubt you will find better for the money in Norwich - ok it is on a busy road but it is set back and it is a city! You can find parking nearby on the streets, very handy shops across the road - if you ask, they will give you a place in the dining room pm to allow you to bring in your take-away - sensibly, you can't eat it in your room. I like that it is no dogs and you can easily walk to the city or there are lots of buses passing by. Good tv in room, usual tea and coffee, soap, tissues etc - lovely idea to supply a dressing gown for my non ensuite room -thanks!

Room Tip: rooms on the side or back are quieter but I slept ok in the front - the traffic is what you would ex...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Oxford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

I stayed at the Earlham Guest House for one night whilst visiting a friend in the city, in a single room with shared bathroom. The room was spotless, there was complimentary tea and coffee, free water, a flatscreen TV, and a fluffy bathrobe for modesty. The bed was very comfortable, and everything else in the room was smart and well appointed. The bathroom was clean and functional and I shared it with one other guest. A delicious cooked breakfast in the morning kept me full for most of the day. The owners were lovely and friendly. The guesthouse is better than most hotels I have stayed at, and I would certainly go back again.

• Stayed July 2011
Peterborough, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2011

Just come back from a fairly pleasant stay here. Although quite a trek to Norwich town centre, there is a handy little shopping centre just across the road which came in really handy.When we arrived we noticed that our particular room and the dining room had both been directed so the 'chintzy' complaints from previous guests may no longer be valid. As it was our room was decorated tastefully as wasour en suite bathroom and I can honestly say you'd have trouble finding a speck of dirt or dust in the place.
Our first night was pleasant and we slept well but on our subsequent nights builders who appeared to be regular guests were staying. As we were in the front downstairs bedroom they stood outside our room smoking and swearing in conversation to each other. They also got up at 6am to go to work and woke us up EVERY morning without fail - they didnt even attempt to keep quiet, shouting and laughing and even more disgusting - coughing up phlegm out the front which we could hear and see!Also there was a strict rule that no takeaways allowed back to the hotel so went out of our way to eat out - some times paying extra for the privilege, yet when we returned one evening there was an overwhelming stench of curry throughout the hotel all evening so obviously the rules didnt extend to everyone!
Breakfast however was divine! A full fry up cooked to perfection. The extras (cereals/fruit etc) could have been a little more varied but we still went away full and happy every morning.
On the whole a nice hotel and great value for money but perhaps there should be a rule included that guests should respect others guests!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple