“3 nights in Norwich”

Ranked #6 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
London, United Kingdom
“3 nights in Norwich”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Overall I had a positive experience at this hotel. Close, walking distance to city centre an all tourist attractions. Clean basic rooms. Wifi works well. Friendly, helpful staff. Just what I expected from a Priemier Inn. if you are noise sensitive, don't take a room on the back of the building, as there are some fan engines of the hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank MichaelLondon1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Lovely room, fabulous bed all for £31 would stay there again tomorrow. Staff were friendly and efficient, really couldn't find fault with anything. Ate in restaurant, good choice of food, well prepared and well served - excellent!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 20, 2014

This was our first stay at this particular premier inn.The staff were very helpful and friendly,rooms were spacious and comfortable.We all stayed for breakfast and this was 1st class they made sure we all sat together (10) in all and we will certainly use this hotel again special thanks to Peter

Room Tip: A room at the rear might be a little quiter
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Seaham
Reviewed January 19, 2014

My husband and I stayed there on Friday 17th. January. The staff were really polite and helpful, the dinner we booked on the Friday night was well cooked and served by friendly and polite staff. The room was very clean and tidy. No complaints there! However, the noise from the room above us woke me up. Someone was pacing the floor for a long time during the night and we had no phone in the room to report it. The room we were in became very hot during the night which was uncormfortable for both of us. We turned the heater off. I told the girl on reception about the pacing in the room above us and all she asked was what time was it. I had no idea but it went on for a long time. I was not after a refund or anything but I did feel that she was not the slightest bit interested in my very disturbed night when they pride themselves on a good nights sleep or a refund.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room. We were facing a street so could not open the window at night because we coul...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed January 16, 2014

And a quiet room, as requested. Returned from a lecture after 22.00 and the kitchen was closed. But Lauren, the duty manager, kindly put together a couple of cheese sandwiches;greatly appreciate her effort - nice to see such generous service still exists. Room was clean, comfortable, near the charming shopping district of Norwich.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I stayed at this hotel on three different occasions over the Christmas period. The stays ranged from two days to 6 days at a time. Let me begin by saying that anybody that has a less than favourable view of this hotel and how it is managed must, by nature, be people prone to complaining who are constantly looking for something to complain about. Whereas this hotel is not perfect (very few things in this world are) it is as near to perfect as you will get for accommodation at such a price. If there is anything that you are less than happy about, be assured, that if you bring that to the attention of the staff it will be attended to it to your satisfaction.

Location : conveniently situated in the heart of the city the hotel affords easy access to wonderful restaurants, shopping (two shopping molls situated no more than 10 minute walk from the hotel) and all the historic features Norwich has to offer. Parking is quite simple. There is a large multi-storey car park situated on the same side of the road no more than two minutes walk away. I did not have a car with me but was assured that parking was free for guests. During my stay I had three different rooms in three different areas of the hotel and as there slogan says "if you don't get a good nights sleep you stay for free"never looked like providing me with that free night as it was always quiet and restful.

Staff : I spend a lot of time in hotels all over the USA and parts of Europe and the staff here (without exception) were has polite helpful, friendly and accommodating as you will find anywhere. It would be impossible for me to single them out by name as they all behaved impeccably well and went to extraordinary lengths to accommodate my needs. My stay was broken up into three parts with breaks for visits to other parts of Europe during that stay and had no difficulty leaving excess luggage with the lobby receptionists to store for me to pick up on my return. The maid service was also exceptional being non-obtrusive, quite in their duties and were happy to provide me with any extra coffee or towels I may need.

The Room : I had a more than adequate sized room with a queen bed. To facilitate such a reasonable price the hotel has reduced the number of amenities (amenities which in many cases we never use) such things as in room phone, writing paper, and those little bathroom niceties such as shower's, shampoo and conditioner. Otherwise everything you would need for a comfortable stay is at hand. Great selection of programming on the TV although I was a little disappointed to find that Sky One and Sky Two, though mentioned on the on-screen menu, was not available. Since there are no American channels for visitors from the US and would suggest maybe Fox News for conservatives and CNN for liberals may be a welcome addition. It goes without saying that the rooms are clean and well maintained with modern fixtures.
PS- I found that the windowsill was a wonderful place for storing little items such as keys wallets and spectacles, that could easily be found once in the routine of placing them there.

The Hotel Amenities : Elevator (Lift) takes you to all four levels. Access to your room involves two further security measures (door in the lobby and door into the bedroom corridor) needing your key to open the doors. Your key is also needed to be stored on the wall in your bedroom which provides electrical power. A few seconds after removing your key the lights go out ensuring that you do not waste electricity.
There is a comfortable restaurant with an interesting menu and though not fine dining you will not be disappointed with either the quality of the food or the price they charge. A spectrum of dishes from steak to curry (not for getting good old British fish and chips for those where this is not a staple part of food choice) there is a nice little bar attached to the restaurant with the selection of wines and spirits. He is both bottled and on tap and should the selection not be to your liking going out of the front doors turning right and walking for two minutes will take you to The Golden Star Pub which remains one of a few public houses that seems to be exactly the same as it was in Victorian times. None of the modern trappings or gaming machines and a fine selection of British real ale. There is an ATM machine in the lobby although there is a £1.75 charge to use it. It works fine with American debit cards and probably with credit cards as well though I never needed to use it. It may be advisable to take out at least £100 at the time to lighten the blow of the charge. There is a Halifax building society on gentleman's walk that also works fine with American cards and there is no charge to the best of my knowledge. American credit cards do not use British chip and pin so a signature is required whenever you use it.

Wi-Fi : there is free Internet service in the lobby but, like most British hotels, there is a charge for in room Wi-Fi facilities. Each day you are given 30 minutes use for free. A weekly pass is £10.00 which I do not consider to be exorbitant. You can get service on a 24 hour basis which at £3.00 is probably not such a good deal.

In Conclusion : if you are visiting Norwich for pleasure or business this hotel is perfect for your needs. You have easy access to the city. Easy access to free parking and all the amenities you would need for a comfortable stay with as fine a staff as you will find in any hotel. Without hesitation I would thoroughly recommend this establishment. If you do come across problem just tell any member of staff at hand and I assure you that it would be rectified.

To the staff at Premier Inn Duke Street Norwich but I just say thank you !

Room Tip: If you have a problem ... tell someone. They will make it right !~!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank wilkesworld
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 7, 2014

living out in the country we wanted to spend New Years Eve in the centre of Norwich and as we had our grandson we had a family room ,which was spacious,comfy and great fun! reception set the tone by greeting us well and being helpful. The all important tea n coffee making was available in the room with mugs too. temperature was just right., we had already booked at Cafe Rouge ,but the menu at Premier did look tempting. and we had good breakfasts-i had the full so my grandson could have a free one-a real treat for him. my husband had the continental. i really only wanted eggs on toast n tea, so smaller option would have been better.I would have liked low sugar marmalade as i am diabetic, but have given up expecting this ,.so always take my own. would def return to this hotel -not the cheapest ,but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family