“Really can't complain”

Ranked #6 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Cheshire
“Really can't complain”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Premier Inns take some beating and this is no exception - warm, clean and efficient.
I was worried about the parking as we were arriving on a Saturday afternoon and thought it could be difficult to find a space. No problem - multi-storey is virtually next door; you simply take the ticket to the hotel reception as you depart and they stamp it for you. You even get another 12 hours after that.
Reception staff were most welcoming; hotel is about 3 minutes walk to the shops and easy walking distance from the late night bars.
A lovely place for lunch is the Iron House ( much bigger than it looks from the outside) and the Last Wine bar was great in the evening - but don't have a table in the basement.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
DukeStNorwich, Manager at Premier Inn Norwich City Centre (Duke Street) Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Many thanks for taking the time to review and for your great comments. We're so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

IWelcome to Premier Inn and I hope this will be the start of many stays at Premier Inn around the Country. I do hope we'll be able to welcome you back here again soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We were visiting relations in Norwich and wanted a nice clean city centre hotel and this fitted the bill entirely.

It is within easy walking distance of the City centre (5-10 mins to the market place) and whilst there is no car park, the new-ish multi-story car park along the same road is free when you get your ticket validated by the hotel. Some spaces are available at the hotel but we were told these are reserved for more deserving guests perhaps with disabilities which I think is very fair indeed.

This was my first stay at a Premier Inn and I was impressed with the staff politeness. They pointed out the guaranteed good night's sleep and said I would be entitled to money off if I was not entirely satisfied. I have to say that I took this with a pich of salt. More on this later...

The room was much roomier and cleaner than expected and more than other rival chains, in my opinion.

We had a family room which comes with a single bed for up to 16s... that bed though was only suitable I would say for up to maybe 12s as it was a little on the short side.

Our stay was on haloween and unfortunately there was some loud noise from some teens outside the hotel in the wee early hours. Also, our room whilst on the top (4th) floor was above an area used by smokers from a nearby office and the rising stench was horrible. Neither of these was the hotel's fault per se.

Upon checkout, we were asked if everything was fine and I repeated all of the above - I was given a full refund!!!!

At first I wondered how this is good business but now it makes sense... everyone I have told about this says they will try a Premier Inn, and I would certainly choose them over rival chains.

Despite the disturbed night, we had a lovely stay and I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to others.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Tring, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2012

This is ideal for client visits for me and have stayed here many times. However this time, they were so lovely. Helped me with bags, really chatty and just a great location with nice staff willing to help. Parking at St Andrews car park is easy and free fr PI residents. Cant want more really.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your great review. We're very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and the convenient location of the Hotel, along with the free to residents car park and the customer service.

We do hope we can welcome you back again in the very near future!
Sheerness, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

The welcome was great with the receptionist being very friendly and explaining that if we were troubled by noisy guests we could get a refund. Our room was fine with a huge double bed and very comfortable pillows. Unfortunately the heater in the room was very noisy and unusable when trying to sleep. We reported it to reception and another room was offered all in all no complaints but in would be interesting to see if the heater is mended.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RFS29

Godstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 16, 2012

The staff at this Premier Inn are friendly and helpful, but the hotel itself is not particularly good. The rooms have no proper heating or air conditioning in them apart from a wall mounted unit under the window. This unit is so noisy that it is rendered useless because there is no way anyone could sit or sleep with the unit on. The corridors are particularly noisy with the entrance door banging all night. Overall, this hotel is in urgent need of a refurb to bring its standards up to what it is reasonable to expect of a hotel at this price. And why does the bar shut at 11:00 to residents? Since this is the only place in the hotel that is a reasonable temperature, it would be a good idea to keep it open!

There are two other Premier Inns in Norwich and both are better.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn Norwich City Centre (Duke Street) Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thank you for your review.

At Premier Inn our main objective remains to deliver a high level of customer service in all our establishments. We apologise for the service you experienced at our hotel.

Your comments have been noted and will be duly investigated by both Head Office and the Management Team at our hotel.

Please be assured at Premier Inn we take the service provided to all our guests very seriously and your feedback will be duly followed up.

Once again thank you for taking the time to review your stay we do hope that we can welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Naina

Social Media Team,
Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 12, 2012

A belated review of our excellent group stay in July. We booked 70 rooms and were extremely well looked after by all the staff, especially Bradley and Carrie. Rooms were clean and quiet, the quietest being on the third and fourth floors at the back. Duke Street is very well placed for the cathedral, castle and a good selection of restaurants. The free parking was much appreciated. As group organiser I received only one complaint (broken TV) during the whole stay which, for seventy rooms over four days, is very impressive. Breakfast was plentiful. During our stay the staff kindly agreed to play radio 3 at breakfast (apparently they are not allowed to turn it off) as during my planning trips I was concerned about the volume and quality of the incessant popular music played in the restaurant and reception generally.

Room Tip: Third or fourth floors at the back. Ask to be kept away from stag or hen parties.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Sudbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2012

In the last year or so I have become a real fan of Premier Inn and have stayed at various locations for diverse reasons throughout England
Last night.my partner and I went to a concert at Norwich Art Centre and having decided not to undertake the 60 mile hike back home afterwards, stayed at the Premier Inn above.
The location is superb for accessing the city centre, just a few minutes walk.
The reception staff were, as has been our experience in all of the Premier Inns' we've stayed in,really welcoming and helpful. Parking is free for Premier Inn guests at the St Andrew car park just along the road. Our room was warm, clean and comfortable and the bed, as advertised was supremely comfortable, with plenty of pillows. We will definately return to this Premier Inn as, due to a slightly hectic schedule this time, we didn't have time to explore the many charms and excellent retail therapy opportunities apparent in Norwich.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are really quiet, ours - at the front was fine after the traffic died...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple