“The last trip of the summer”

Premier Inn Norwich West (Showground/A47) Hotel
Ranked #16 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Belvedere, United Kingdom
“The last trip of the summer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

We were staying in Norfolk for a few days. Been to quite a few prem inns before and this one was a good one. Very friendly welcome and a fast efficient check in with the usual excellent service. The room was very warm, but we'd been given a smallish fan so not too bad. Car park was busy, but there were a lot of things going on. I have been to prem inns with better rooms (esp bathrooms) but this was a minor draw back. Every thing worked, a shower, good TV and a cumfy bed..... no problems.

Room Tip: Take your own fan if you can as the rooms can get warm, you can't open the window much and the r...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Halifax, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed here on two occasions in August. Both times the reception staff were very friendly and welcoming. The hotel is sandwiched between major roads, so some traffic noise is unavoidable, but not too bad. The room was clean, with a reasonable amount of space for a family of four. This is not one of the newer Premier Inns and there are signs of wear and tear. We ate in the adjoining restaurant. The waitress was very friendly on both occasions. There was a good range of food to choose from and we all enjoyed our meals. On the second occasion the food took a very long time to prepare and we were sat for an hour before the first course was served and well over two hours in total but despite this we felt abated because the waitress was so helpful and did a tremendous job of keeping us onside. The breakfast was cooked to order and there was a fair range of cereals, jams etc.

On the first visit the room was entirely adequate and there were no issues. Second time round the weather was slightly warmer and the room as consequence was incredibly stifling and uncomfortable to be in - even with the desk fan going it was difficult to sleep. The window would only open an inch and so no fresh air was able to enter the room. None of us had a good nights sleep though we decided not to try and cash in on the Premier promise and made no complaint - probably because all the staff we encountered were so kind and nice that it seemed a bit churlish to do so. This of course would not be a problem during the winter months, but whilst it is warm outside you may be wise to choose a hotel with air conditioning and this Premier Inn would be wise to invest in improving the facility for those rare warm summer days.

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms may be cooler!
1 Thank Boushka
Hoylandswaine, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

On arrival the car-park early evening found it was quite busy took a while to get a space. This was soon forgotten by the excellent warm welcome on arrival in reception. The rooms were modern, clean and the highest standard you can rely on from Premier Inn. After a long journey we decided to eat at Table Table next door. Excellent restaurant, lovely staff and food was good too. Even though near a road this did not deter from an excellent nights sleep. Table table for breakfast which was very good and the staff were all genuinely friendly, helpful and welcoming. Always ready to help with a smile and very curtious. Highley recommend this Premier Inn. Parking next day was quieter this was only negative when busy. Otherwise fabulous stay.

Sax, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have always liked Premier Inns, staying in them frequently on business over the years. This was my first stay for about 18 months since I semi retired, and also my first stay at this particular hotel. Customer service was great, facilities were good as usual, but I was also pleasantly surprised to see part free, and also reasonably priced internet access, which I had always felt was extortionate in Premier Inns in the past.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dee H, Cluster Sales Manager at Premier Inn Norwich West (Showground/A47) Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Welcome back to Premier Inn!

Thank you so much for taking the time to review and for your great comments. We're so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and the friendly customer service you received along with the WiFi pricing and facilities at the Hotel.

I hope this will be the first of many visits to the Norwich Showground Premier Inn and we hope to welcome back again soon.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

This Premier was mainly chosen for its proximity to Norwich airport, but it was a very pleasant stay. Although the surrounding location was sited outside of town, and the traffic was fairly heavy, it was not too noisy.

The rooms booked were very clean, with fresh linen & towels, and good value.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Isle of Wight, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

I stayed here while visting a friend in Norwich.

The cost of the room was a little over £50 as opposed to the city centre Premier Inn which wanted to charge just over £90.

The Premier Inn was very easy to find. The car park was well covered with CCTV and I was able to park my car within view of my room.

The room was perfect. Pretty much the same as most Premier Inn's.
I must say I was pleased that this room (105) had enough plug sockets for me to have the fan on, the TV on and charge my phone. Plug sockets are often somewhat lacking in these hotels but this one was brilliant, thank you.

Staff were wonderful and they were able to readily supply me with taxi numbers for my evening out.

Not hotel related but I first booked a taxi with "Green Frog private hire" who left me waiting 20 minutes and then phoned to say they had decided to send their driver to another job. Not good.
I then used ABC taxi's who sent a taxi straight away - I highly recommend them and reception have cards with their number on behind the desk.

If you need a taxi into town the Premier Inn is not too far out of town and my taxi fare was just £11 there, and £12 back.

I didn't use the restaurant as I was having an evening out with my friend so I cannot comment on it, however it looked nice from what I saw and the menu in the room looked very nice.

There is a Sainsburys very nearby in "William Frost lane" and a McDonalds.
I had to leave early in the morning so chose to pick up a very quick McD's breakfast as I didn't have much time for anything bigger.

Thank you for a nice stay Premier Inn.

Room Tip: There are roadworks during the night which can only just about be heard in rooms overlooking the car...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Premier inn hotels are streets ahead of other travelodge style hotels. I had a good welcome from the friendly reception staff even when arriving after 11pm.

While small the rooms were clean, modern and well appointed. It seems crazy to say aircon and windows that open seem like a luxury but after the last few hotels I have stopped in, they are.

Breakfast was both of good quality and had a good selection. The only negative was they advertised costa coffee with breakfast but there was only a flask of coffee available.

• Stayed July 2013
Dee H, Cluster Sales Manager at Premier Inn Norwich West (Showground/A47) Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to review and for your great comments. We're so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and the facilities at the Hotel along with your Breakfast in our Table Table Restaurant. The Coffee in the Flask on the Breakfast Buffet is indeed Costa, but you are always welcome to request a fresh Costa Coffee and the Team will be happy to make one for you when you have Breakfast at a Premier Inn.

I do hope you'll come back and visit us again when you're next in the Norwich area and we look forward to welcoming you back.