The Blue Boar
$87
Park Farm Hotel(Hethersett)
$168
$97
Dunston Hall(Stoke Holy Cross)
$119
$105
$80
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
$90
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe pubdifficult timeslovely conservatorysundaebbq saucefamily mealscampisunday eveningmixed grillbelly porkbrieonion ringslovely mealrooms were spotlessmain mealfull englishfunction room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 10, 2012

After deciding to nip in for a meal on a sunny Sept evening we were a little disappointed.
We have visited on many occasions normaly ordering steak which is very good, however I decided on chillie. The meal took between 45mins - hour to arrive and wasn't great. To be fair this is the first bad experince we have had over the years. It seemed they were a bit short of waiting staff as the garden was pretty full too, I am not sure the 2 waitresses were able to cope with the demand.
Steak for me next time!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Chewy38
FOODANDWINELOVER259, Manager at The Blue Boar, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Oh dear,what a shame.
We were absolutely ramed that evening as it was such a glorious day and I just couldn't get any more staff.Totally unacceptable to wait 45 mins. and then not enjoy it!
The chef working that evening just couldn't cope with the number of orders and is no longer with us.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

We recently held our Anniversary party at the Blue Boar and have nothing but praise for the way in which our requests were handled both before and during the event. David and his staff were very accommodating and we had a really wonderful time. We had exclusive use of the bar which proved to be an ideal room size for our 55 guests. The buffet provided, was one of the best we have experienced and we received many comments from our guests regarding the excellent quality and quantity of the food provided.There was even the option to offer an alternative for the small children present. Our guests also benefitted from the B&B accommodation available on the first floor and we joined them for a plentiful and well cooked breakfast the following day. I would have no hesitation in recommending the Blue Boar to anyone thinking of planning a similar event.

Room Tip: On a busy main road so road noise inevitable- possibly a room at the rear if this would bother you?
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Nicki65
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I have eaten here a couple of times recently and the food and service is good. There is a nice selection on the menu for adults and children.

The portions are 'hearty' to say the least, very generous!

We turned up on the bank holiday, the restaurant was fully booked and the staff managed to 'find' a table for us which was great.

There us a lovely beer garden with climbing frames for the kids which my son loves!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ReEbHa
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Stayed over night in accommodation. Had a lovely evening meal and drinks. Service was very efficient and staff were very friendly. Room was very well sized, very clean warm & cosy. Would definately return.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CornwallDawn
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Having visited on a few agains for food,drink and a christening or two We decided to go for lunch at the blue boar.
Working in the catering trade we pulled into the car park at 1.55 so I thought before we pulled little one out of the car I would go and ask of they were still serving to which the lovely lady behind the bar said yes not a problem......
So I went back outside and told my wife,on regenerating the pub I can honestly say I was met by the rudest waitress I have ever meet!!!!
Not this is your table or would like any drinks but( This is the snack menu that's what you are allowed to have) which sounds to me that the kitchen was closing at 2, like I said I'm in the trade I would understand but that's not all......
After quickly looking at the menu the lady behind the bar( very nice lady may I add) asked if we would like a drink, I ordered my wife a diet coke and as I did this my wife ordered a jacket potato.... Before I even had chance to order my drink the waitress was saying AND YOU AND YOU well that was it. I don't normally complain or get annoyed but she was just plain rude so I walked out!!!!
Even my wife was surprised at me
You would think with the difficult times we are in at the moment you would want to keep your customers not drive them away if you want this to happen I suggest speaking to the waitress that day

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Davetor1323
FOODANDWINELOVER259, Owner at The Blue Boar, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

Oh dear,what can I say! So sorry.
I guess someone was having a bad day but absolutely no excuse.
We are a happy bunch of people who really enjoy our work but occassionally don't get it right!!
More staff training required.
We must all remember we are in the HOSPITALTY industry.