“Great food but service is lacking! ”
Review of TGI Fridays

TGI Fridays
Ranked #424 of 870 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

This is my third visit to TGI Norwich and each time I feel let down by the service. This time our starter came before the drinks we ordered, even though drink order was placed before food order. We were asked what sauces we wanted when we ordered our food but we didn't get any, half way through the meal we were asked if everything was ok so i asked where the sauces were, waitress bought them over and the mayo had a tomato chunk in it! Finished our meal and decided to order ice cream cocktails instead of dessert, 15 minutes later our waitress came and asked if we had asked for the bill or ordered dessert! Food is good but there is such a choice of restaurants on riverside I will be visiting somewhere else next time!

Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Went to TGI Fridays in Norwich for a friends leaving do and was not very impressed! The bar staff would not serve us at the bar "as we were sat at a table and we should order our drinks there"! The food was very expensive for what we were served.....it looked nothing like the pictures on the menu, no salad garnish and a tiny serving of tasteless fries. I had the Jack Daniels burger which was so sweet it was hard to eat but for the price I wasn't going to waste it.....my husband had the pulled pork and he found his far too sweet as well. The service was good, friendly and quick.....but the food was a real let down. Doubt I will go again as there are much better places to eat in Norwich and cheeper too!!

A TripAdvisor Member
Norwich, Norfolk UK
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Staff can't be bothered, bar staff the worst, waited a while before anyone even noticed we were there. Food was not good with the steak and chicken tough and dry. Don't bother, very expensive too.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Negatives:
Quite disappointing. Food was thrown together without any garnish. Poor presentation. Kids food was tiny portions and not as described on menu. Description said chicken strips and potato waffles, but came with chips. When questioning staff, I was told I didn't ask for waffles.
I told our server we were celebrating my sons birthday. He said he he would arrange some cake. He forgot.

Positives:
Staff soon resolved matter by bringing out waffles for kids
Burger tasted ok
Hot wings tasted ok
Staff made balloon toys for the kids
Kids seemed to enjoy the experience

Will stick to Zak's next time

Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I walked in here at 330pm and there were 4 customers in here. We stood waiting to he seated for 4 minutes and it took the chef to call to the bartender that we were there (she hadnt noticed we were there as we she was talking to her friend) she then turned and looked at us that can only ve described as a look of pure disgust! I was totally shocked! She then came over and proceeded to seat us under a speaker with our 6month baby asleep in his pushchair! Finally our actual waiter came over and we asked about their Monday to Thursday offer that is all over the internet to be told we don't do offers, so after all this and the amount of money it was going to cost we left! Absolutely appalling staff!

Been to TGI Fridays? Share your experiences!