“Room for improvement, but will return”
Review of TGI Fridays

TGI Fridays
Ranked #371 of 880 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We went last Monday looking forward to visiting this new restaurant, having been a fan of TGI's for years in other city's. They were using about two thirds of the available tables, we assumed due to either low staff numbers or kitchen planning. We hadn't booked (arrived at 6pm) and we're told it was a 30 minute wait, which turned out to be very accurate.
A 10 minute wait at the bar for a drink (I did time it) was a slight false start to the conversation planned for the evening, but when served there was an apology for the delay and a smile.
Once at our table the waiter at our table was friendly and recommended a drink that my wife had and enjoyed. The starter was served quickly after ordering and tasty. The two main disappointments were the size of my main course ribs (not the ultimate, the next one down). Without doubt the smallest serving of ribs I've seen in any Norwich steak / American style restaurant. I mention the (expensive) "ultimate", as I could see other diners having that, and that looked to be the sort of meal I was expecting. Also on drinks, in ordering a second beer at the end of my starter it hadn't arrived by the end of the main course, despite one reminder. More staff for the bar required I think.
The atmosphere was good, and fortunately we weren't in a rush (or thirsty) so we plan to return at some point and hopefully they will have got into the stride of things by then.

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Came here with some friends for a birthday and the service was excellent but they were running out of things and we were eating at 4 due to going on somewhere else, not good if they still have a while evening ahead of them. Some of our food wasn't as hot as it should have been but it was very tasty. We also had cocktails too and they were all delicious. As this is a new restaurant I would be willing to go back and try again to see if they have improved. The birthday girl also came away with a fab balloon modelled hat and was given a complimentary large piece of cake with a candle in while they all came and sang happy birthday to her in a special TGI style -brilliant

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Was going to go but saw the state of the kitchens through the Windows,not good,the floor and front of fridges yuk and handling raw meat and not washing hands ,not good

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I have been a fan of TGI's for years and was very excited by the opening in norwich. I have never been so disappointed with a dining experiance! It took an hour from finishing starter to getting main course food, which had been sat on the side for atleast ten minutes before being delivered to us. The burger was dry and cold so we sent it back for them to bring out completly the wrong order the second time round. By this time we had been there two hours and I'd given up. So disappointed and this restaurant does not live up the normally good reputation of the tgi name

Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Paid a lunch visit to the new TGI's for a half term treat with my 10 year old daughter. We where told there was a 30 minute wait, but within 10 minutes we where sat down. There where plenty of empty tables but, to be fair, there were not enough staff to maintain all the tables.
Our waiter was very friendly..My daughter had a kids meal and I opted for a burger.
We didn't wait too long, but my burger was only just warm. My daughters meal was fine, nicely cooked and warm enough.
I told the waiter that my burger was nearly cold, to which he offered a replacement. As we were due to go to the cinema, I didn't want to wait and rush a meal so I just said I would be happy for my meal to be heated up.
The waiter then quickly got the manager.
Efficiently the manager returned with his apologies..wanting to replace my meal. After explaining our circumstances, he then got my meal reheated and had also taken my meal off the bill.
All in all, the service and the surroundings were fantastic! A real same that the burger wasn't up to heat but I would go back again to give it another go!
With this being a new restaurant, Let's just hope it's a little teething problem as I love TGI's!

Been to TGI Fridays? Share your experiences!