“Could do much better”

Got a photo?
Add it.
The Dog
Reviewed August 16, 2016

We were greet by a very gruff senior male person. Ordered our drinks and lunch. My husband had a meal which was swimming in gravy served in a soup bowl, which was reasonably acceptable. For myself with a small appetite I ordered a prawn cocktail and chips. The meal was very poor with half a bottle of seafood sause poured onto half a dozen very hard shrimps (not prawns) accompanied by salad which had very soggy cucumber. The table next to us was also complaining very loudly. All in all this was a very unacceptable meal. The setting could be dramatically improved as this pub is in a wonderful position not far from a walk to the boats and small attractions.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

very good food, reasonable priced friendly staff and nice atmosphere, very different from my last visit there which must be 15 years ago

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We visited The Dog whilst on a break near Norwich its a small village pub with a big heart, we were made very welcome by the Landlord and the local residents who were in the pub.

The food is excellent,it is well presented and good value for money, if you go there you have to try the fish it probably the best pub fish I have had it was excellent and I cant wait to go back when I am in the area again.

All I can say is just go there and enjoy.