“Superb”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Excellent food beer staff an all round brilliant family orientaded family pub Scottish friendly and also pet and children are made very welcome

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

My friends and I went for a meal, we we're sat for over 3 hours for a simple 2 course meal. The chicken salad was beyond a joke, processed, packaged chicken slices on a few salad leaves (nothing else at all). When we asked the waitress about this her response was "no one else has complained, no need to get upset about it" with the most rude obnoxious attitude we have ever received from waiting staff! I can't believe that the management let people with such a bad attitude work in front of house. When we eventually were served our mains half the table had finished their meals and had to sit waiting for us, needless to say we didn't order desserts and left once we were finally given our bill. When we were asked how our meal was and we said the steaks were fine but the rest of the meal and service was poor, we were simply laughed at! As a group of 6-10 people that eat out at different locations every weekend, we will never be retuning to the Earlham Arms and will advise everyone we know to do the same. The main reason being the rude, obnoxious, brunette waitress with the heavy eyeliner, that served us in the first place.

3  Thank Georgina O
The_Earlham_Arms, Owner at The Earlham Arms Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to review us.

I would like to assure that all of our food is freshly cooked and prepared on site and nothing is bought in pre-packed. Our chicken itself is also smoked fresh on site. I am sorry that you appear to not have enjoyed your visit and I would be grateful if you would like to contact me directly to discuss some of your concerns.

That said I am delighted that this has not put you off The Earlham Arms and that you now visit us weekly with your friends, so I am pleased that we have been able to show you the high standards that we continually strive for each week and that you have enjoyed this.
Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Regards, The Earlham Arms

Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

We have visited three times the last month. Nice menu which is changed regularly. We have ordered different things and all of them were excellent. The portions were generous. The place is nicely decorated. I will definitely recommend it.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Nice food- had the tapas which was wonderful and cheap! Good service even on a busy night. Nice atmosphere.Will be back.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

We had a large family meal for 13 people on a Thursday night. I think we covered most of the main courses on the menu and everyone was impressed with quality of their food. We also managed to select all of the dishes on the dessert menu and these were fantastic as well. Service was friendly and efficient and the final bill didn't break the bank.