“Yummy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The House

The House
Ranked #34 of 817 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Yummy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Super healthy and not so healthy well made delicious food, even a poy of tea and cake is quality.Went with friends and everything was fresh and homemade. It's non pretentious and good value, make the most of it before it get's too busy and popular I say.

Visited December 2012
panchalikar, Owner at The House, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you very much for your kindly review. We are so glad that you love our foods also services.
We look forward to see you again soon. ^_^

norwich
“Such Lovely people”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Lovely food, lovely people. Went last night and had a really good meal. Really hot, fresh dishes served. Those were the largest prawns I had ever eaten! Yummy.

Shame other guests went to smoke just outside the door, not nice for non smokers :( Maybe put a sign to ask them to step away from the door when smoking Ping? Lovely to meet you all.

Linda and Martin Wooff x

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank NorwichWooffy
panchalikar, Owner at The House, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you so much for lovely comments, and I am so glad you enjoyed your evening!
So sorry about the smoking, the sign is on it's way and so this should no longer be an issue!
Hope to see you soon!!
“Fantastic Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

So Saturday night (19th Jan) my wife and I stumbled upon a new Thai Restaurant called House!!!
On arrival we were greeted promptly and shown to our seats through a busy, bustling restaurant which I couldn't help notice was full of Thai diners or persons of Oriental descent - a good sign I thought.

We ordered the Thai House Platter to start which was generously and colourfully plated - prawn parcels, delicate fishcakes, chicken satay and tasty toasts all accompanied by chilli and peanut sauce dips - a perfectly balanced appetiser for the pallet.

For our mains we shared Prawn Pad Thai partnered with Duck Pad Ma Muang.
The Duck dish was a beautifully balanced mix of rich sauce flavours complemented by a light, almost hint of chilli which neither overpowered or compromised the duck's flavour.

Pad Thai was probably the best Ive tasted in a Thai restaurant in Norwich before - high praise indeed considering we covert this dish whenever we visit Thai premises and had three weeks of travelling around Ko Samui and Bangkok eating homemade Pad Thai.

However it's the service and friendly atmosphere that wins the day and ultimately makes a visit to House well worth a visit. Lyn and Ping who run the restaurant made our evening with their hands on approach to service and tales of Thailand.

We finished the evening in the simple yet pleasant and clean (typically Thai) surroundings with some lovely coconut ice-cream and toffee tart and finished the meal with coconut crepes which were something special and new on the menu according to the chef.

At around £50 for four courses and wine this represent very decent value in my book given the meticulous service and standard of the food.

I can't wait to visit again to try the rest of the menu.

• Visited January 2013
panchalikar, Owner at The House, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you very much for your kindly words. And many thanks for supporting our family business. We are very glad that you love our foods and services. Ping and I have a good time during service both of you as well. We look forward to see you again.
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

When we got a leaflet through the door telling us we had a new Thai on our doorstep we were delighted! Being Thai food fans we were not disapponted.
Staff are lovely, interior decor trendy and refreshing, food great.
I've been there lots for the £5.95/£7.95 business lunch (depending if you want 1 or 2 courses) plus I've done the evening menu a few times too. Rice portions big enough to share one between two , splash out and have an extra main instead. We ask for the Penang curry to be spicy, the garlic/black pepper chicken is great as is the beef salad and prawn salad.
Chicken satay, fish cakes and both types of dumplings tasty, crab cakes pleasant but bland. Tempura prawns huge and there is also an amazing jumbo prawn dish on the evening menu-fabulous.
Highly reccommended!

panchalikar, Owner at The House, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Many thanks for your kind word, I'm glad you enjoyed your meals in our restaurant. Thank you for shopping locally and support independants. We look forward to welcoming you back soon
“Reasonable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Good food and service, reasonable the price .. It remind me when I were in Thailand. The taste is great .. I like Thai noodle and fish cake, It's not hot and just right for me. I will come back again soon.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank lovetoeat01
panchalikar, Owner at The House, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for the review, it is much appreciated!!