“Brilliant ”

Prime
Ranked #14 of 829 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Tucked away within a chocolate-box setting, Prime at The Edith Cavell in Norwich offers chunky prime-cut steaks and a selection of grilled seafood. Food is served on a sizzling hot stone, where diners can cook their food to personal perfection.
Tarland, United Kingdom
“Brilliant ”
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Found this place at the last minute while on a weekend away in Norwich. What a lovely place, staff were very pleasant, food was to die for !! The steak on a slate was the best I have had since being in Maderia four years ago !!
Would highly recommend a visit

1 Thank Yvonne H

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Great place to eat”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Visited last night on a very wet and miserable evening. The restaurant is upstairs and only has 6/7 tables. Our friends had been before and raved about the food so we ordered our steaks/swordfish etc on hot stones to cook at our table. Loved the concept and loved the food which we could cook to our own requirements all served with our choice of flavoured butter and sauce - the bearnaise was fab. Good chips and lovely dressed salad. Also had a great view over the streets of Norwich. Had a really good time and we will definitely go back. Our friends were certainly right about the food and our 12 year old daughter would go back tomorrow. There are other items on the menu if you don't fancy the hot stones but most people ordered these. Great service too. Highly recommended.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank sroberts007
Neston, United Kingdom
“Hidden treasure. ”
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

We found this gem of a place by our sense of smell...the aroma that was coming from this perfect eatery was out of this world. Could not find a single fault with the food , the establishment or the staff....nothing was too much trouble. My fillet steak was devine.

2 Thank Krnvine
London, United Kingdom
“WOW, WHAT A SURPRISE!”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

If you are looking for a reasonably priced wine bar in Norwich, with a tasty and imaginative menu, then look no further than THE EDITH CAVELL. Our usual place was closed for Easter and, as we were doing a recce to find another one which appealed, we came across this delightful place. We were greeted with a warm smile by the lovely, friendly guy behind the bar (whose name I wish I had taken) and, to my utter joy, he said that I could have the FISH PLATTER (which is usually served to two people only) as my friend wanted the BUTTERNUT SQUASH and HAZELNUT RAVIOLI. My wonderful FISH PLATTER, consisted of SMOKED SALMON, GARLIC TIGER PRAWNS, CALAMARI and CRAB MEAT with a MIXED LEAF SALAD and TOASTED CIABATTA. UUm - absolutely delicious - especially as it was washed down by a huge glass of PINOT GRIGIO. My friend very much enjoyed her BUTTERNUT SQUASH and RAVIOLI and we would definitely go there again. Their varied menu should appeal to all tastes as they also serve STEAKS, FISH, CHICKEN, DUCK, BURGERS and WILD BOAR SAUSAGES and MASH. Most of the mains come with CHIPS and SALAD and the starters and desserts look very good as well. They have a very good wine list and I'm sure the atmosphere is just as good in the evening as it was for lunch. Do give it a try.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank jacquiecapri
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Fantastic steak”
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner visited The Edith Cavell last night to celebrate my birthday. The setting was very cosy and personal with great views of the tombland area. The steaks were of a very high standard and it was a real experience dining here. We plan to head back soon! Most recommended. I

1 Thank dukerarino