“Hidden treasure. ”

Prime
Ranked #18 of 835 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Tucked away within a chocolate-box setting, Prime at The Edith Cavell in Norwich offers chunky prime-cut steaks and a selection of grilled seafood. Food is served on a sizzling hot stone, where diners can cook their food to personal perfection.
Neston, United Kingdom
“Hidden treasure. ”
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

We found this gem of a place by our sense of smell...the aroma that was coming from this perfect eatery was out of this world. Could not find a single fault with the food , the establishment or the staff....nothing was too much trouble. My fillet steak was devine.

2 Thank Krnvine

London, United Kingdom
“WOW, WHAT A SURPRISE!”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

If you are looking for a reasonably priced wine bar in Norwich, with a tasty and imaginative menu, then look no further than THE EDITH CAVELL. Our usual place was closed for Easter and, as we were doing a recce to find another one which appealed, we came across this delightful place. We were greeted with a warm smile by the lovely, friendly guy behind the bar (whose name I wish I had taken) and, to my utter joy, he said that I could have the FISH PLATTER (which is usually served to two people only) as my friend wanted the BUTTERNUT SQUASH and HAZELNUT RAVIOLI. My wonderful FISH PLATTER, consisted of SMOKED SALMON, GARLIC TIGER PRAWNS, CALAMARI and CRAB MEAT with a MIXED LEAF SALAD and TOASTED CIABATTA. UUm - absolutely delicious - especially as it was washed down by a huge glass of PINOT GRIGIO. My friend very much enjoyed her BUTTERNUT SQUASH and RAVIOLI and we would definitely go there again. Their varied menu should appeal to all tastes as they also serve STEAKS, FISH, CHICKEN, DUCK, BURGERS and WILD BOAR SAUSAGES and MASH. Most of the mains come with CHIPS and SALAD and the starters and desserts look very good as well. They have a very good wine list and I'm sure the atmosphere is just as good in the evening as it was for lunch. Do give it a try.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank jacquiecapri
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Fantastic steak”
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner visited The Edith Cavell last night to celebrate my birthday. The setting was very cosy and personal with great views of the tombland area. The steaks were of a very high standard and it was a real experience dining here. We plan to head back soon! Most recommended. I

1 Thank dukerarino
London
“Romantic & Delicious”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My boyfriend and I went here as a treat, the night before starting a holiday and loved everything about it!
The dining room upstairs is beautifully decorated with views over Norwich's historic Tombland area. I wanted to go because I'd heard great things about the steak which cooks at your table on hot, volcanic rock. The service was great, the atmosphere was romantic and personal, as there are only a few tables, and the steak was absolutely incredible.
Listening to the sizzle as the butter melts and your cheeks get hot from the heat makes for a real dining experience rather than just another meal out. You're in charge of the cooking so you can enjoy it exactly to your own requirements and watch it as the juices run out over the stone.
It's not cheap but it is good value for money. Somewhere I'd like to return to.

• Visited January 2014
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Simply delicious, steak lovers go now!!”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

An excellent choice of steaks served on a hut stone so you can cook each mouthful to your liking. Served with a butter and sauce, chunky chips and a salad. It's steak and chips but the best steak and chips you'll ever have. chocolate fudge cake for pudding finished off a perfect meal. Excellent service and a reasonable price. If you love steak cooked to your specification, you'll love this place! Can't express how much we enjoyed it, could have eaten it all again!

• Visited May 2014