“Little Vegetarian Gem”

Ranked #13 of 880 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Namaste India is an Authentic Indian and Pure Vegetarian Restaurant.80% of our dishes are suitable for Gluten free and vegan diet.At Namaste India,we serve non alcoholic beer and wine.We do not serve alcohol but customers can bring their own with nominal Corkage Charge. We are a small restaurant and that is why booking will be important if you are planing to dine in at Namaste India Norwich. This is not part of any chain but we are a small family business. If you have visited India or Have dined in at some of the finest Indian Restaurants in London, Birmingham, Leicester and you are searching for a real Indian restaurant in Norfolk, Namaste India is your must Visit place. Namaste India is a pure vegetarian Restaurant but not only for vegetarians. Due to its authentic flavours, Namaste India is equally popular among keen carnivores as well.
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Small but full of flavour! I've never tasted anything quite like it, so aromatic. Price was right, food was good, worth a visit.

1  Thank MaryWhoSings

Reviewed May 1, 2014

My mum took me to Namaste as a treat as she and her friend had been before and she couldn't stop going on about how amazing it was. Being a vegan myself I was intrigued by the mainly vegan menu and had high hopes of what I was going to experience. How right I was to have such high hopes, the food was utterly amazing! The flavours were like nothing I'd ever tasted, so many different layers spice. It was the first time I'd been to a restaurant in Norwich and not felt awkward for being a vegan, the opposite was the case at Namaste! The owner spent time talking to me about the food and even gave me a vegetarian/vegan book to take home with me!! I would thoroughly recommend a visit to Namaste, the food was the best Indian food I have ever eaten and the service was lovely. I cannot wait to go back - I am currently trying to think of a good excuse for another meal there! As one final note, make sure you try the Masala Puri, they were divine!!

3  Thank Frankie M
Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

Visited one evening and the food was excellent. I had the chilli massala dosa for main which was delicately spiced. The whole meal was full of beautiful complementing flavors.
I would have given an excellent for this review if the toilet wasn't so dingy looking. It needs a lick of paint!
Overall this did not spoil my visit. My husband and I are vegetarian and it's so refreshing to have the whole menu to choose from rather than one or two items.
This is not stereotyical Indian food as most British people know it. Excessive heat and overpowering flavours do not feature in this restaurant and I left feeling very satisfied.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

This is not your usual Indian restaurant, no chicken masala here, instead authentic Southern Indian vegetarian masala dosas and puris and spicey uttapam. If like me you are unfamiliar with these dishes, try them and discover how different some Indian food can be compared to that which is served up in your local curry house.
The atmosphere is very friendly, prices reasonable, service attentive but not overly so.
I really recommend this establishment...give it a go!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I had eaten here twice before and enjoyed it very much. It is because of that ive given 2 stars not 1. I went for lunch with my mum a few days ago and it made me feel really let down. The food was bland. I went for the more expensive aubergine dish as i thought it would be packed full of flavour, a real treat. What i received was a bowl of sludge. Bland, watery skinned aubergine. Then to make matters worse i found a hair in another bowl of curry. And finally i noticed my mothers bottle of drink had expired a year ago. Now in not fussy but this all proved too much. It left me questioning the hygiene of the place. The staff didn't smile at all during service, it all felt like get them in give them slop and get them out. I wont be going back again. Authentic indian is not hairy curries and out of date drinks. I really wonder what the kitchen is like. Such a shame as i thought it was a good place that cared.

4  Thank Adam K
Namasteveglover, Manager at Namaste India, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Dear Adam,

As you did mentioned in the review, you have been here twice and enjoyed it so much; Namaste India is still the same Authentic and classical Indian restaurant.Same owner, same shef and same care for real indian food lover.

Would you please tell us on which day you visited ? You can send an email to namasteindianorwich@gmail.com

About the expired drink you mentioned, I had a look at the restaurant next day seeing this review (as it is very serious matter) but found nothing on drink expired. We have such a high turn around for the drinks and I can not think of any drink being expired.

For your doubt about the food hygiene, I would like to let you know that we have been honored with healthier Indian cuisine by Norfolk City Council and the certificate is in the window to see. We are also approved by vegetarian society of UK. Our food hygiene standard was considered good by Norwich city council in their last visit and you can see it online.

Now, I would still consider the fact that you might had hair in you curry as you said because there are various ways hair can fall into our food including air and it could be hair of dinners themselves.
Regardless, we can refund you full amount if you let us know when did you visited us because at Namaste you will only pay if you are 100% satisfied.