“Up your food game!”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 9, 2017

Because this place is close to NUA I have repeatedly tried to enjoy the food here but its just not good, specifically your soup, I had some tomato soup it tasted like weak sweet and sour sauce mixed with ketchup. Your drinks are probably fine. This place looks lovely and would be good if your pastry wasn't so dry and your soup wasn't so bad. just get some ordered in Sandwichs or something.

1  Thank lbabington

Reviewed July 8, 2017

It was a hot day, but we sat inside, the only people there. When we entered a table was cleaned and cleared. Despite it being early afternoon, there were no baguettes, but we chose something else and the food was pretty good, if a tad expensive. However the other tables in the room were left littered with dirty pales and half eaten food for the duration of our 45 minute visit, the waitress asked if I would like sauce with my food, I replied yes, but it never arrived. Not a big deal and I could have gone through to the counter and reminded them if it was important. I did think the waitress might have come and checked on us after the food arrived, but she didn't.
Little things. It had good food and friendly service, but the place needs taking in hand and become a bit more professional and customer focussed.

Reviewed May 25, 2017

A few days in Norwich and had breakfast again at the Orange tree, owner very friendly.food. Excellent. Currently scaffolding outside but the orange tree is still open

Reviewed April 1, 2017

School-run brekkie treat - wonderful sweet brioche with sautéed mushrooms or bacon, poached egg & Parmesan; tasty coffee (including 'proper' ground decaf instead of the usual instant muck at the same price of 'real' & fresh pressed OJ for the boy. I think we've found a new 'regular' watering hole. Back for a sneaky lunch mid-week - fabulous Tuna Nicoise Salad - took me back to my teens in Paris!! Xx

Reviewed March 5, 2017

A group of us popped in here in the middle of a wet afternoon in Norwich.
Maybe we went too late in the day or just a bad day but there was very little choice left and the server wasn't too bothered about it. We did order and the food and accompanying coffee and tea were good.