“Perfect for Lunch”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 25, 2016 via mobile

I get my lunch from the Orange tree in a regular basis as it is a few minutes walk from my office.

I have never had anything I didn't enjoy. The staff are always helpful and friendly, and the prices are great.

Check out their Chicken Box which is awesome. Cajun fried chicken breast, hand cut chips, coleslaw, bbq beans and a can of drink. Absolutely delicious.

Have also eaten in with the team from work, again great food, great service, great prices.

1  Thank Tom C

Reviewed May 24, 2016

Saw this on a walk went back for breakfast, currently owner is working on his own as his wife had an RTA, but service and food excellent.Will go back again. Very nice owner and good breakfast

1  Thank Lesley C
Reviewed January 23, 2016

After rejecting 3 eateries on the same street due to lack of choice in food we decided to give the Orange Tree a visit. It was a wet, cold January day the welcome we received was very warm and polite. Asking if we could take a seat and look at the menu we were told sit where ever we fancied.

I was just getting up to order our food when we were served at our table. It certainly took us by surprise. The guy was friendly and professional. Once the order had been taken we chatted. In the mean time we were given serviettes, cutlery (not plastic) and our drinks.

We both had a tuna and cheese panini this was served with really lovely hand cut chips and a small salad. I was impressed with the salad as it had variety to it; not just lettuce and a slice of cucumber; this had lettuce, tomato, cucumber and onion with a dressing.
The panini was hot and really tasty.

We were very happy with the service and food. The cakes looked divine sadly we had no room to try them!

The Orange Tree is spotlessly clean. The tables were crumb free and clutter free from the last customer.

The reason I only gave a "very good" mark is because there is no disabled toilets. My friend is disabled and was told the ladies is on the second floor. This really is a no no as my friend struggles to walk let alone climb stairs.

1  Thank Tina H
Reviewed January 13, 2016 via mobile

We saw this restaurant whilst taking my daughter to see the university, we thought it looked a pleasant enough, my daughter ordered a haloumi & tomato panini, this arrived over done & just presented on a plate cut in half. No garnish, my other half ordered a chicken salad baguette, it was supposed to have been served fresh, the baguette was hard at each end as if it was stale, I ordered a BLT on granary, believing I had ordered a fresh sandwich, what arrived was a toasted club sandwich, dispite there being some mayo inside, this wads one of the driest sandwiches I've ever had the miss pleasure of eating, I reckon they were using old bread & toasting it to disguise how stale it was, I was actually left with the roof of my mouth in pain because of how hard it was, we also ordered two hot chocolates & a latte, these were ok, we were told it was 20% extra to eat in the restaurant, in all our bill came to just over £16.00 which I feel was a touch steep, especially as the quality of the food was so poor, avoid if you can.

Reviewed January 3, 2016

we popped into the orange tree for a late breakfast. The restaurant was recommended to us by the people we rented our holiday apartment from.

everything was served quickly and was tasty and hot. very reasonably priced. they were very kind and even let me park in their reserved space, which was very much appreciated as parking is extremely limited when staying in the area.

our only complaint was they closed over the new year so we only got to eat there once.... we will definitely return.

thank you so much for your excellent food and extreme kindness.