“Ghost Tour”
Review of Norwich Punting Company - CLOSED

Norwich Punting Company
More attraction details
Owner description: Listen to a fascinating story about historic Norwich and even sip Champagne as you take in the picturesque sights from the comfort of one of our beautiful handcrafted Punts.Our tours leave every 30 minutes from our dedicated Punt Station which is located adjacent to Friars Quay and the Playhouse Theatre. The historic tour is approximately an hour long and your Chauffeur will show you many sights such as: Pull’s Ferry, St James’ Mill, Bishopsgate Bridge, White Friars Bridge, Cow Tower, Quayside and many more. Hear mesmerising stories about historic Norwich and of course a few tour guide jokes as well!Our Haunted River Tours are perfect for those looking for a bit of added excitement. As the boat silently travels through the night, relax and discover the frightening secrets that lay undisturbed beneath the streets of historic Norwich.How about a river tour with a twist? Our romantic tour is an ideal way to spoil that special someone with an unforgettable experience. We have roses, chocolates and even a violin solo at the end of the tour available. The Perfect way to treat the one you love!This is a fantastic way to discover the hidden beauty of Norwich from a completely unique perspective, which is perfect for all ages!
Reviewed December 11, 2012

we went on a fantastic ghost tour with James in October. Whilst he didn't scare us to death (which was probably for the best cause we had the kids with us) it was really fun and interesting. Would recommend

jamesmurray88, Owner at Norwich Punting Company, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Many thanks for you review, I'm really glad you enjoyed the tour and I hope we see you again in the future!

Reviewed September 26, 2012

As someone who has gone punting in Cambridge many times with friends and family I was a little sceptical about how Norwich would compare. Needless to say this tour exceeded my expectations as it was not only great value for money (£10 per adult for an hour!) but the guide (Jack) was very knowledgeable and entertaining. We will be certainly be going back at some point to give the ghost tour a go!

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Researched this as we were going to Norwich and weather forecast was excellent. I found their website, which said opening time 11 am and tours on average every twenty minutes.

Not the case. We arrived a little early so went for a coffee nearby, and still no sign of anyone at 1115, so went for a walk along the river. Around 1120 we saw a young man at the punting pontoon so we asked if they were open. He worked there but had no keys to open the gate, and told us that the first trip might be 1130 or 1200, but he didn't know which. I was still keen to give the trip a try, so we decided to have a walk around the cathedral and come back.
At 1202 we arrived back to find we had just missed the first trip, and there would not be another for hour, as they were only running one punt today.
Lack of signage at the site and incorrect information on the website, along with uninformative staff. We then were approached by another staff member on a nearby bridge offering us a punt trip! We declined.
Fortunately there are so many things to see and do in Norwich, that we were able to make something of our day.

1  Thank gorby123

Hello there,

I'm extremely disappointed to hear that you were unsatisfied with our service, however we are constantly improving our service in order to provide the best possible experience for our customers. I really appreciate your feedback and in the event that you decide to go punting with us in the future, I can assure you that our service will have greatly improved.

Kind regards,

James Murray

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Excellent tour. Lovely setting. Ashley was the best Guide. Better than Venice. We will be coming again.

1  Thank simon s