“Consistently good, love upstairs, staff are superb”
Review of Jamie's Italian

Jamie's Italian
Ranked #96 of 848 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: JAMIE'S ITALIAN NORWICH A partnership between Jamie Oliver and his Italian mentor, chef Gennaro Contaldo, Jamie's Italian has won thousands of fans for its delicious and affordable food since launching their first restaurant in Oxford in May 2008. The Jamie's Italian menu is based on dishes you'd find people eating all over Italy, made with care but delivered without fuss. The family-friendly restaurants are all about serving up rustic, Italian food made using the best possible ingredients, plus fresh pasta that's made on-site every day, and an award-winning children's menu, too. The Royal Arcade's gorgeous art nouveau style brings a touch of pure class to this elegant Jamie's Italian. The two-storey restaurant in Norwich seats more than 250 people and is ideally located in the middle of the city centre's main shopping area. Jamie's Italian Norwich is a great spot for anything from a mid-shopping pit stop or a casual dinner with friends to an intimate meal or a big celebration.
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Yep, yet again very very ok, love the place, staff are superb, food very good, still love that calamari starter, cocktails superb, good night as always

1  Thank MikeB49

Reviewed March 1, 2014

We have been several times before & have never been disappointed, so when I was asked to organise our directors christmas meal there was no hesitation! There was 6 of us and from beginning to end had a great evening. True to the Jamie style the restaurant is set in a beautiful old building, full of character & original features.
We chose from the set christmas menu.It was plentiful & wine flowed well. The platters are a particular favourite & I was full after just that alone! Service was good considering it was a busy saturday evening.
We will return again soon!

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Meals sound fantastic on the menu but.... so disappointed with presentation and portion size. We were a table of approx 20 people and I would say at least half our group would not return.
I had main carbonara and can honestly say I have had better ready meals. The whole experience was average and over priced.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I have mostly very good things to say about Jamie's Italian restaurant in Norwich. Starting with walking in off the street, we were met with a cocktail bar, with cocktails made in front of us to be sipped while a table became available. Good start. We were then shown to our table in a large, but very nicely decorated and very well fitted upstairs restaurant and our table had a view over the Royal Arcade and allowed us a unique view of its marvellous Art Nouveau tiles. The food was marvellous although the service was a little slow. Our table was near a point-of-sale display stand and I did feel a little over-Jamied, much as I admire Mr Oliver. Items with 'Jamie' emblazoned over them were everywhere on the stand, but also on our napkins - and the menus mentioned his name a disproportionate amount of times.
Anyone who has read any other restaurant reviews I have posted might have noted that I often mention restaurant loos - to me the hidden areas speak volumes about the ethos of the owners. You might be dlighted to learn that Jamie's loos are spot on, sparkling clean, interesting, different, well equipped - and I took an inordinate delight in using the unique flushing system.... most satisfying, as was the meal

Reviewed February 27, 2014

We took our two grandchildren for lunch on Saturday. I know that Jamie has been campaigning for better school meals and against child obesity but the size of their children's fish fingers and chips was pathetic and left our grandchildren hungry - they are not big eaters. Their dessert was one small blob of ice cream.
The adults food didn't result in any particular good or bad comments except I had the crab spaghetti. I can only assume that the crab had merely walked across the plate as I couldn't taste it or hardly even see it. All I could taste was an overdose of chilli. I had the pavlova for dessert but the meringue was hard and dry while pavlova is meant to be much softer.
Our waiter was very friendly and liked chatting far too much rather than getting on with his job. It took 90 minutes for two courses which is ridiculously slow when the restaurant was a bit more than half full. Once the waiter had bothered to serve us, the food did come very quickly from the kitchen so they can't be blamed. The waiter needs to sharpen up his act.
A shame but I won't bother going back