“Delicious, cheap and nourishing vegan food”
Review of Loving Hut

Loving Hut
Ranked #233 of 856 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Part of a global network of vegan-friendly fast-food places, should be pretty easy to pin down!
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Loving Hut Norwich provides delicious and freshly made vegan Chinese style food. It has to be one of the best places for miles around if you are a hungry vegan in a vegan-unfriendly area: all you can eat food for two and drinks for just over £11.

The food is tasty and varied - stir-fry fake "chicken", Thai-style curry, sweet and sour fake "pork", fried rice, "prawn" crackers noodles, fresh salad and fruits.

The owner is very friendly and happy to help. We keep going back again and again. You can also get take-out boxes of food too, if it's a sunny day and you want to eat in the park across the road.

1  Thank bookmonkey123

Reviewed July 8, 2013

woooowww this restaurant/cafe is amazig, great food, great service, excellent taste and what is even better for me ,,,,, ITS VEGAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNN AND FANTASCALLY DELICIOUSSSSSSSS, but dont take my word for it,,,, i challenge anybody to give them a try....god blesss you loving hut thank you for a delicious meal(twice today),,, yes yes im apig ,,, but wouldn't with such tasty gourmet ..........

1  Thank orry7
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Tiny little Asian buffet, We always make the effort to come here for lunch when in town shopping.
Some of the best mock meat dishes I have ever tasted, the 'fish' and chips are amazing and great value!!.
The owner always looks genuinely pleased to see you.
You can also buy some vegan items from the freezer including the 'fish' steaks.
The lack of seating is a bit frustrating but that cannot really be helped.
I hope this little place continues to do well as certainly is only place of it's kind in East Anglia that I know of!.

1  Thank Anthony666999
Reviewed July 5, 2013

My mom, dad and I have been to the Loving Hut on many occasions - we are all vegan and love the food on offer - either from the buffet (my dads favourite) or the special menu. Everything is superb and the choice is fantastic. The lack of seating is not an issue for us as we either plonk our bottoms on the concrete windowsill or happily stand eating the food - especially if you opt for the all you can eat option!
Supreme Master TV is on in the corner and we have been in fits listening to her tales of the animals she lived with, so certainly NOT off putting as someone has said.
All in all you really must eat at the Loving Hut - it's affordable, friendly, spotlessly clean, continuously fantastic, delicious and nourishing food. We can not fault the resturant or the staff!
Can't wait to go up on the 13th July :)

1  Thank VeganMuncher
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I'm struggling to know what to write here because although my lunch was lovely ("chicken" in black bean sauce, freshly made), my boyfriend wasn't as impressed and the whole experience all just felt a little odd.
I love the fact that everything's vegan or vegetarian, a big thumbs up for fresh and planet friendly food. Staff were friendly and asked if our food was to our liking, even though it's a "fast food" place.
I personally didn't like the lack of seating; I think that a place to sit is more welcoming and inviting. That said, I do appreciate that space is an issue.
For somewhere which is designed to be environmentally responsible, plastic plates and cutlerly seemed a bit strange and belittled the food on offer.
I thought the video of the Supreme Master Ching Hai playing on the TV was a bit much too. Whilst I might agree with some of her beliefs, I think there is a time and a place which, for me, isn't lunchtime! It put me off if I'm honest.
Would I say that Loving Hut is one of my favourites? No. Would I go back? Yes, so give it a go and see what you think!

1  Thank Danni6021