“Amazing service, good quality food”
Review of The Reading Rooms - CLOSED

The Reading Rooms
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Reading Rooms is a family-run Gourmet Cafe committed to providing delicious food and drink. At our cafe in Nelson Street you will always be sure of a warm welcome. We pride ourselves on great service, great food and a fabulous atmosphere. We will always endeavor to supply local, free-range food wherever possible. Try our Norfolk sausages made exclusively for us less than a quarter of a mile away, that really is local! Our cakes are all made on the premises - try our Croissant Bread Pudding with Whiskey and White Chocolate or our handmade Beetroot and Dark Chocolate Ice Cream. Call to check what vegetarian, gluten free and lactose free dishes are being served on the day. Thank you to all our Tripadvisor reviewers
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Amazing service, good quality food”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I've been to the Reading Rooms a few times since the summer and had a great visit each time. Most recently they were kind enough to host my 30th and put on a delicious buffet after hours. My friends were very impressed, as was I. Love introducing people to this little gem.

Grimsby, United Kingdom
“Hidden gem, great for a studying!”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I first visited this little place soon after it opened and loved it. I told my housemates about it and we are regulars whether it be breakfast, lunch or some cake. It's a great place to go and study and it's quiet enough to get on with it but not so quiet that it's ghostly. The breakfasts are amazing and their Full Norfolk breakfast is the only cooked breakfast I like because it is so fresh and not at all greasy. The cakes are so so good and they do a mean cup of tea. It's reasonably priced too. I will certainly be visiting again and again and again. My boyfriend insists on going every time he comes to visit me in Norwich.

• Visited January 2013
Thank you study away!
“A hidden Norwich gem.”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I visited The Reading Rooms out of curiosity back last July, having never noticed them opposite the Fat Cat before. I remember the cake and coffee being delicious and the staff being extraordinarily relaxed and welcoming; the owner even offered me a place to stay while I was between leases, despite my having known her for half an hour! That their reputation has soared via excellent location and word of mouth doesn't surprise me in the slightest. I haven't managed to visit again since, but plan to introduce some friends to the place this weekend!

• Visited July 2012
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely warm atmosphere”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Very warm and friendly staff.Kids welcome and toys on premises.Lovely latte,delicious vegetarian black pudding in veggie breakfast.Rest assured not just veggie menu,something for everyone.Homemade cakes to die for too.Whats not to like.

• Visited December 2012
pgloverdarke, Owner at The Reading Rooms, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Keep on coming we love you
“Wow!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Have wanted to visit this establishment for a while situated opposite The Fat Cat pub. The promise of a birthday brunch proved to be oh so satisfying. It's a busy cosy place serving top quality tasty food at reasonable prices. The vegetarian breakfast was the best I've ever had. The tea was even top notch. This place will go from strength to strength if my experience is anything to go by. Get there soon so you don't miss out. They even do bookings, cakes , main meals and Friday night suppers with BYO bottle. Service was friendly and efficient. Can't wait to go back.

• Visited January 2013