“Just keep your eyes on the food”

The White Lion Cafe
Ranked #145 of 835 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Just keep your eyes on the food”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We visited this cafe for a light early lunch having seen the reviews on Tripadvisor. We weren't disappointed, and would unhesitatingly recommend it. A pleasingly original choice of dishes; well-filled sandwiches with proper hunks of bread and really excellent freshly brewed coffee. All for less than a tenner for two. And actually a nicely fitted out room ... but, the view from the windows is dire, just drab back walls of abutting properties. That's not the fault of the proprietors, but they might just have the glass cleaned and remove the untidy mounds of personal clutter on the sills behind the counter that make the negative visual impact so much worse. In a retail environment, any visible space is public space. Scented geraniums anyone?

• Visited November 2012

“true potential but over enthusiastic”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

stopped in for a breakfast this morning, a full English. home made baked beans seemed a nice idea but the over use(infact, any use) of large chunks of rosemary tainted the whole meal. a large and heavy presence of something as potent as that is not the way I want to start my day. shame, if not for that it'd been lovely I'm sure

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Yumyum”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I've been coming to this cafe since it first opened last year and haven't looked back since. Food great, service great, atmosphere great and the two owners are so friendly and welcoming! I always have the hot chocolate which is the best I've ever had and is apparently imported from Holland. There's a lot on the menu so it's quite hard to decide what to eat, but you have to try the home-made sausage rolls or the mediterranean vegetable sandwich or the rarebit or the white chocolate and raspberry cake..or just try everything.

• Visited November 2012
Hingham, United Kingdom
“White Lion Cafe Norwich city centre”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

What a fab place, the owners are a young couple who opened the cafe a year ago. They are both qualified chefs and going by the menu they are obviously passionate about food. I was assured everything on the menu was home cooked and sourced locally. The food is presented in such a way you cannot resist it, especially the dish of the day. And Steves amazing sausage rolls are to die for.as for Georgias cakes, well I can honestly say I couldnt leave without having another portion of her fabulous cherry bakewell. A great place for coffee or a full meal. They tell me they will cater for functions as well.

• Visited October 2012
Norfolk, England
“Why have I not gone here previously?”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Noticed this cafe for the first time today despite living in Norwich. All food home cooked which is what attracted me here. Great range of cakes between £1.80 and £2.20. Various teas and coffes and my hot chocolate was yummy. I don't eat meat, but if I did ould have not have missed the sausage rolls as the ratio of meat to pastry was very high! Lunches looked interesting and in the £5 - £7 range. I will be back.