“Excellent home cooked food at reasonable prices”

The White Lion Cafe
Ranked #132 of 829 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
COLCHESTER
“Excellent home cooked food at reasonable prices”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Wonderful little cafe were the food is made with love. We found this place after deciding that we were fed up with high street cafes. What a treat... unique lunch and way too many cakes to choose from so we had to endulge :) Very laid back atmosphere, happily spent a few hours there enjoying food, drink and a paper

• Visited October 2012

“Yummy!”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Found via Trip Advisor and tried it out based on other reviews, glad we did!
Delicious, fresh cooked food, good coffee, nice cakes, very reasonable prices - highly recommended.
Very chilled atmosphere and a nice place to sit down, eat, drink and chat / read a paper!

1 Thank Dalts72
Thetford, United Kingdom
“Gluten Free? - then get yourself up these stairs pronto!”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

My Mum, sisters and I discovered the White Lion Cafe quite by chance, being gluten free I thought I would have my usual 'nothing here for me then' trip but how wrong I was. We all tucked into their wonderful minted pea potato cakes and Mum and Sis shared their fabulous sausage roll (defo not to be missed - they must start a gluten free version, please!). There were many gluten free options and I was very much spoilt for choice - same with the cakes but I fell in love with the lemon gooey slice. Anyway, this is now a firm favourite and destination for us when we come to Norwich - a real find, lovely people, lovely food, lovely philosophy -simples!

• Visited September 2012
Norwich
“Good food made with love”
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Eat here and be happy. Not fancy, but so tasty and affordable. This is THE place for an informal hot lunch in Norwich City centre

London, United Kingdom
“Yum!”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

The White Lion Cafe serves delicious home-made food. The sausage rolls and cakes are to die for! Really lovely, friendly service and a pleasant atmosphere. Defo recommend for a yummy, very reasonably priced lunch or afternoon tea. I went there for breakfast a while ago and that was also absolutely delish.

• Visited September 2012