“Fab coffee....banana toffee cake to die for!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
London
“Fab coffee....banana toffee cake to die for!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Wow! I love this place. I've been wanting to go there for a while, but always get distracted by other fab places to go in Nowrich, but today I went there and had lunch and coffee. I had a cheese/tomato focaccia bread and my friends had ham and brie ciabatta and a chilli beef potato. They came with fresh salad and crisps and were all really really good. We were so pleased we chose to go there. After some hard work shopping we were ready for more refreshments, so went back there and had another amazing coffee plus some unbelievable banana toffee cake - wow! (We had to have 1/2 each because we were going to eat soon after). I'll be going back there as often as I can!

• Visited May 2013

Norwich, United Kingdom
“A perfect pitstop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

After an early start visiting our favourite market stalls and local shops, a sign announcing ciabatta rolls filled with local bacon caught our eye. What a great way to finish the weekly shop; a bacon roll and a cup of tea, an easy decision. We entered this bright modern establishment and were met with pleasant smiles and warm friendly greetings.

Delicious tea, loose leaf served in teapots that did not deposit the contents on the table, or our laps, together with, sizeable, freshly prepared rolls brimming with well cooked rashers of local bacon were delivered to us by the friendly staff.

Ground is a modern tea room where the initial impression of the interior belies the warmth of the welcome and the quality of the produce.

Well worth a visit after serious shopping or when it is the right moment to take time out.

• Visited May 2013
Norfolk
“The best latte in Norwich/Norfolk/The World!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

The most fantastic lattes I've ever drunk. Perfect temperature, perfect amount, perfect taste. Can you tell I like them? Great cakes (especially the lemon polenta one) and have had a nice bacon sandwich too.

Norwich, United Kingdom
“How coffee shops are supposed to be”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

I love Ground - the staff are so welcoming and friendly and really seem to invest in their clientele. They remember if you've visited before - even remember how you like your coffee - and always have a smile. Importantly, the coffee is great and they have a really good selection of cakes and savoury eats. I love the fact that there are newspapers and magazines available to read, so if you're waiting for someone that's late, you can easily pass the time pleasantly. Don't change a thing - it works!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank jmayjs
England
“A Little Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

This is a superb little coffee shop. Absolutely wonderful coffee, 'proper tea', brownies to die for, home made soup, newspapers, magazines. The sort of place you can go to on your own and sit happily with the paper and a coffee for ages without feeling any pressure. You can sit in the window on a stool or go to the back and sit on some 'shabby chic' chairs and table and feel totally comfortable. The man who serves (who I presume is the owner as he's always there) is very nice, friendly without being pushy. I can't think why anyone would want to go to one of the big chain coffee shops when they can go somewhere like this. I love it and wouldn't go anywhere else now.

• Visited January 2013