“Appaling”
Review of The Beeches Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Norwich
The Beeches Lodge
Ranked #42 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
Epsom, United Kingdom
“Appaling”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I arrived late at night and felt very insecure at this dark, dingy and dirty building. There were beer bottles in the corridor and the carpets were filthy with built up dust and dirt. The room was clean but the carpets heavily stained and the sink cracked. The only soap was a sachet of cheap shower gel, no hand soap. All the windows have been painted over with white paint and cannot be opened. I imagine this is to avoid the trouble of curtains.
The room was completely bare and the bedding sparse. The towels were in tatters and fraying. No breakfast.
Horrible. I was very stressed out and only stayed one night despite having paid for 3.
I found a guest house through the tourist office that was lovely, with full breakfast, rooms with every service and details that you would expect, and it was only £10 more for the 2 nights, than the 2-night rate at MJB.
I am amazed that this hotel group get away with it, it is a con.
It is a shame because it lets the city down, and some of the hotels that this group now run, used to be reasonable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Alison B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed May 18, 2014

This is basically a knocking shop for young teenagers who have parties until the early hours, smoke dope, and the management then.. (via a parking company they are in cahoots with) give you a £100 parking fine if you didn't follow the booking procedure exactly. (They were booking cars at 3am in the morning!) I fell for the trap that it was cheap... BIG mistake. At 2.30am I went next door to tell the 12 people in the room if they didn't shut up I would physically throw them out of the room! There were "parties" going on all around the properties. The room have stains up the walls, on the floor and the bed linen was used. AVOID AVOID AVOID. They deserve to be closed down and I will do everything in my power to do that! Oh and any business that has a two page complaints procedure as part of the booking confirmation really says it all!

Room Tip: Don't even think about booking a room.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank malagaboyz

Travelers are raving about these Norwich hotels

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Filthy - found a wadded up tissue under the pillow if you could call it a pillow.. Stank of smoke, Broken lights. Stained carpet Couldn't stay the night and imposed on friends. Was charged an unbelievable £70 for the pleasure

Room Tip: Don't visit
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank Jane D
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We were a group of 4, we had two rooms. The first room smelled heavily of damp. We called and tried to get it swapped but they were adamant all rooms were booked. We looked on booking.com and turns out they weren't. The people staying in the damp room had to open their windows for air at ground level, a security risk considering this is a drinking area. Our room had mould on the walls, old thin polyester sheets and greasy hand marks above the bed head from previous guests' 'night of passion'. All the windows are painted white as that is cheaper than curtains or blinds. MJB group seem to be all over this quite lovely part of Norwich offering a service-less soulless dirty hotel experience. Its cheap but terrible value. Avoid at all costs.I would recommend avoiding anything that MJB have to do with anything if this is how they conduct their business.

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank coffeeassault
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Booked a two night stay over the bank holiday, with all their terms and conditions outlining one those booked stay in the room, what a joke. Youngers in gangs with a bout 10 to a room, shouting and swearing in there rooms and in the corridors all night long. Rang customer services but to no avail.
Total and utter waste of time and money let alone the restless night. Never every again.
WHAT CUSTOMER SERVICES.!!!!

• Stayed May 2013
5 Thank PankajSheela
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Don't Stay here!

myself and 3 friends stayed here saturday 27th april, room 3 at The Lodge. You needed a pin code so access the apartment we were staying in which was emailed to me as soon as i booked about 4 weeks prior. We arrived and found the room disgusting, chairs falling apart, still empty beer bottles from the last guests, floor was filthy, but we didn't care we'd travelled from suffolk for a night out in the city so we got ready and went out. at about 1.30am i returned to the room and went to bed in the double bed(opposite the door) about an hour later another one of my friends returned, we chatted then she went off to one of the bunk beds in a different room, about 10 minutes later we heard someone trying the door over and over again then it stopped, the next thing i know i was awoken by a stranger man lifting my duvet up staring at me, i freaked out screaming what do you want and he just stood there, when i jumped out of bed he bolted out the door..he could of stole my phone and bag as they were right next to me, but don't think that was what his intension was. Me and my friend then called the police who came out to do statement and check we were okay. This has left me so unsettled, shook up and scared after the police came our other two friends returned and we all went into the bunk beds but i barely slept and was so scared of this man returning. I would like to know how he got into the room as he obviously knew the pin, i have emailed MJB not to complain but the express my concern as if it would of been only an hour before i would have been alone and god knows what could of happened but no reply. I also tried to call their emergency number while waiting for the police but no answer. You get what you pay for room rise as it only cost us £45 for 4 of us but it's NOT SAFE!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Finona_bone-it
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My partner and I paid £25.00 for the night and it was good -and the cheapest around

Comfy and very very Central --very close to the City Centre

Tea making facilities and a cosy little room with a double bed

we would definatley go back

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple