“Lunch with my Mother!”

Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
“Lunch with my Mother!”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I visited this restaurant/ bar for the first time today for lunch with my Mother. The staff were extremely friendly and welcoming, we both had the soup of the day (which changes daily) and a salad each. The flavours were very nice and the atmosphere inside the restaurant was great! I would highly recommend appleyard for a lunch or evening meal with friends or family or even on a date! A very good first experience and we will both definitely be re-visiting again soon!!

• Visited April 2013

“great food and value”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

went for lunch , atmosphere and food was so good ended up staying for dinner . good sandwiches, in the evening the food is also excellent , service as excellent and not pressured in any way, great place to eat

• Visited February 2013
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Great food, good value, good service”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Today 15 of us enjoyed a school reunion lunch and it couldn't have been better. Interesting sandwiches served in an assortment of lovely breads, excellent wines at reasonable prices and the service was great. Well done Appleyard, a great experience. Thank you.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank norfolkbroad75
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Didn't eat in, but the sandwich I ordered was really disappointing.”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I had really high hopes for this place. The place looks lovely and I liked the look of the menu. I ordered a beef brisket sandwich when I stopped by there a few weeks ago. The place was pretty quiet, there was no queue and the guy made my sandwich. I was really excited but unfortunately when I got it home it turned out it was mostly just bread - there was just one sad slice of beef in it and it could have been any old bit of beef - it was extremely tough, not particularly recognisable as brisket, didn't taste great. As for the rest of the contents of the sandwich, a bit of gherkin and some pretty sour, tough and extremely dry bread.

So all in all, it was an extremely disappointing experience - if there had been some good quality beef in there (and more than one slice!) then it could have been so much better, but I wasn't crazy about the rest of the sandwich either.

The reviews seem to be pretty good, so maybe the guy was just having an off day - it really was a sorry sandwich. But yeah, aside from that, a lovely looking little place to have a bite to eat, and the service was friendly.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Thea A
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Fine food at a great location”
Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

Excellent. really enjoyed the food, a great choice of local dishes at a great price. service was excellent as well. recommended.