A truly fantastic setting for a wedding reception but several issues that let it down.
1) The Steak meal I was served was uneatable and the vegetables were dried out and uneatable, I could net get a knife through the steak I had (burnt on the outside and raw and cold in the middle) and full of gristle.
2) The cost of soft drinks for children and teenagers £3.20 for a large glass of lemonade & 75p for a dash.
3) At 22:00 they ran out of ice.
4) Shortage of bar staff it took ages to get served.
5) Breakfast was a shambles when they finally put the bread out for toast there was no butter to be found, when we asked for it we were told there was butter substitute on the tables. NO sorry toast calls for butter!!
All in all if they get these problems solved it would a great location, shame wee did not get the things we expected.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm welcome awaits you as we invite you to join us at the Oaklands Hotel Norwich and enjoy the charm of a family owned hotel combining a modern style with a great location. The hotel has recently completed a major refurbishment of their dining room and bar including an extension featuring a sky line and byfold doors leading onto the stunning new terrace. All bedrooms have also been refurbished offering an array of modern and stylish rooms with a unique finish. Situated on the outskirts of Norwich (just over one mile from the City centre), the Oaklands Hotel provides a unique and relaxed atmosphere. Comfortable and relaxed surroundings, a variety of bedrooms to suit all guests, chilled out bar and terrace, beautiful grounds overlooking the Yare River Valley and ample parking all combine to offer the perfect backdrop whether you are visitng for a leisure break, business or a wedding. A visit to the Oaklands Hotel is always a memorable one whether your stay is for business or pleasure, for a formal occasion or one of our fantastic breaks. A friendly welcome and attentive customer service, comfortable and uniquely decorated bedrooms and delicious food is what we offer our guests - and the reason why they return time and time again. And, you don't have to be staying the night to enjoy our charm - join us for breakfast, afternoon tea, lunch or dinner - or just take time out to chill out in our stunning bar or beautiful terrace with an ice-cold drink. Breakfast is included in our bedroom rates and we also offer guests free car parking and free internet access. We're sure you'll want to come back for more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Plus Oaklands Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oaklands Hotel Norwich