“Valentine's day afternoon tea”
Review of Biddy's Tea Room

Biddy's Tea Room
Ranked #3 of 14 Dessert in Norwich
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Eccentric British Empire inspired tearoom. Serving traditional afternoon teas in a quirky setting on Norwich's independent Lanes. All cakes baked in house in our North Norfolk bakery. Friendly laid back dining experience serving over 50 blends of loose tea. All food made to order and fresh. Bookings not required but can be made space permitting to avoid disappointment.
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

We got an excellent deal having afternoon tea on valentine's day for 2. The choice was great with lots of lovely sandwiches and cakes.. The staff were very friendly. The tea rooms was full but it didn't seem crowded or too noisy and will definitely go back.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

A first visit for me. I was a little worried as I'd read a few bad reviews on here. We went for an early afternoon tea at 1pm. The only downside was that I had 'booked' via their email booking service three days earlier. I had only had an automated reply, but decided to go anyway ('it won't be that busy' I thought!!!).
It was busy. There were two empty tables, but they were both reserved, and sadly not in my name. But the lovely waitress let us sit at one of them, since the people who had booked it had not turned up.
The food and tea were lovely. It was lively and had a great atmosphere. We left feeling extremely full!
The icing on the cake (spot the pun) was our waitress. A really lovely, friendly, comically clumsy (!) person, who made us feel very welcome. I'll be back.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

This was a first visit for my friend and I today and we weren't disappointed. Lovely selection of food although we were just there for tea and cake and boy, were we impressed! Delicious large slices of cake and lovely pots of tea. Very difficult to make a decision, so much choice! Will have to return very soon!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Lovely staff, fab food and a superb interior. I feel that the prices should be a little lower or you should be given a bit more food...

Reviewed March 24, 2013

after being told by numerous people about this apparently 'brilliant' place, my wife and I visited on Saturday 23rd march. Well, what a joker this place is! Dry overpriced cakes, with no cover on them, tea was nice But the biggest problem is the Young ladies who work there. We were sat at an old sowing table crammed in a corner, and then ignored for around 20 minutes! Whilst waiting we witnessed the Most ridiculous game of musical tables with people being sat at the wrong tables, then being astonished as the wrong orders were taken to the wrong people time after time! How could They get it all so wrong with only about 8 tables! Just another overrated place being run by kids with no clue. And judging by the amount of similar reviews on here, an owner who couldn't care less. We won't be going back!

1  Thank ramble82