“So friendly and the food tastes great! More than just sushi!”
Review of Yo Sushi

Yo Sushi
Ranked #225 of 829 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“So friendly and the food tastes great! More than just sushi!”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Yo! Sushi Norwich is amazing! The staff were very friendly and constantly offering to refill our soups and teas. Yes the prices are the same as those in London but its totally worth it, the food was fantastic!

We met the head chef Sinead who was lovely and a team member named pati who was very helpful.

If you haven't been, then go! There's a lot more than just sushi!

• Thai first
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
“Very nice sushi”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

My boyfriend and I recently decided to try this place even though we'd given it a miss before because of the cheap sounding name. We ordered the Yo! Platter the first time which was a combination of different meat, fish and vegetable sushi and has 80 pieces of sushi for £40.

We liked it so much we ordered again a few days later, but this time we went for a vegetable platter at the cost of £30 for 85 pieces of sushi. Absolutely delicious. We ordered again lastnight and even ate in store while we waited for the platter to be made.

In store the design is very modern and the store itself is situated right outside the chapelfield mall. Upon walking inside you're greeted straight at the door and asked if you'd like to be seated. You're then taken to either the bar or a cosy little booth, your choice, and if you've never been there before they will give you a little explanation on how it works. If there aren't any dishes you like going around on the belt you can press a little button next to you that alerts staff, and ask them to make something for you which I found pretty awesome.

We both ate 6 pieces of Kaiso each (sushi rice wrapped in seaweed sheets, then covered in fresh seaweed and seesame seeds) and we were very impressed. Flavours were divine and they didn't fall apart when picked up. There's a ready supply of chop sticks, soy sauce and unlimited refills on fresh/fizzy water from a tap in front of you for £1.05.

Overall both my boyfriend and I are very impressed with this place, even with some of the bad reviews we will definitely keep ordering from this place as long as we have money! The only downside is the norwich branch don't do home deliveries and you'll need to pick up your own food after ordering online or by phone.

Campobasso, Italy
“Awful experience, never again.”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Having lived in London for two years I already knew Yo Sushi and its bad quality sushi, so I going back there again had never crossed my mind until tonight. This is because they started making ramen, something that I really like, I prepare myself and I often tasted in Japan. So I thought "Why not trying!?". Now I regret having tried.
I chose the pork ramen but noodles were barely enough to feed one person; soup had a weird taste just as pork, which had blue spots and seemed to be marinated in perfume. Same thing for tha chicken noodles that my partner got.
This time I mean it, I will never go back there. Ever.

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Easy, amusing, fresh...”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I had an informal business lunch at the Norwich Yo Sushi this afternoon, and once again it did not disappoint. The menu is excellent, the food is fresh and its fun to see the preparation taking place before your eyes. The atmosphere was young and upbeat, the service human, friendly and very snappy with front of house and kitchen staff equally please.

I have eaten here many times, with sushi lovers but also vegetarians and those who do not like fish. The menu is so broad, there really is something for everyone.

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Its OK”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I used to love coming here when it first opened, queue's were usually going out of the door and it was busy and exciting. Although not the most authentic the choice was always large and varied and service was great.

We just had lunch today and the place was only half full. Also noticeable was a dip in food quality, although the specials menu had some great new dishes on it the beef teriyaki was tough like rubber and the scallops didn't taste that fresh. The staff were all still excellent: smiley, friendly and helpful.

Hopefully it was just a bad day and the food will be better again on my next visit.