“Great value and fantastic atmosphere!...”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Town House

The Town House
Ranked #289 of 817 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Tel: 01603 700600
England
“Great value and fantastic atmosphere!...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Recently visited the Town house in Norwich based on a recommendation from friends and I have to say wasn't disappointed. Yes admittedly it could definitely do with having updated Decor but based on the value and the staff would definitely recommend myself!....the atmosphere In the town house was great the waitress that served us I believe her name was Alexia was very polite and pleasant and made us feel very welcome. The desserts I would recommend the toffee waffle sundae I have the manager Martin to thank for that one though I couldn't finish mine but very very tasty. Also we went king size for only extra £1.50 which was worth it for extra bit meat ,sausage and Yorkshire pudding all cooked well looking forward to visiting again!....and great value you can't complain meal for two with deserts kings size all under £20!

• Visited May 2014

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Better than expected.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

I visited here with my husband on a Monday night, as we had to drop our son off at Riverside for a couple of hours bowling and it wasn't worth going home and back to collect him.
I had read the earlier reviews and I was expecting something not very pleasant.
However I had the Quorn lasagne and vegetables and my husband had sausages, chips and beans, as he didn't fancy a carvery. The vegetables were nice and hot and there was a good selection to choose from. The sausages were a much better quality than we thought they would be. For £4.19 for each meal they were good value. The desserts on the menu looked delicious but we had no room to manage anything else.
The waitress and bar staff were friendly. The whole place looked very clean but I don't know what it would be like if it was busier.
I would have given 3.5 stars if possible. The food is nicer and hotter here, than their other one at Little Melton, but the décor is nicer and it is more spacious at Little Melton.

• Visited May 2014
Norwich, United Kingdom
“bottom end of market”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

were told this was worth a visit, and was very cheap , but sure enough (true to form ) you get what you pay for in this world , and the experience did not meet our required standards

Visited March 2014
Norwich, Norfolk
“"Could do better"”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

My husband and I have not eaten here for a few years, and strangely enough nothing has changed with the decor! The place generally looks tired and old fashioned, lots of black cobwebs and dust! It wasn't very busy for a Sunday lunchtime but the restaurant was grubby, tables were not being cleaned away quickly enough. I had to ask one of the waiting staff to remove an unused/unwrapped Tampon which had obviously been left under one of the tables by a customer to be removed!!! The tables closer to the windows are all wobbly, and do not sit flat on the tiled floor, so you have to prop the legs up with serviettes. The cutlery is on the tables already in a pot but most of the pots were empty!
We had the carvery which is was OK but nothing to get too excited about....have had better and paid less for it! The meats was quite nice but the vegetables seemed to be mostly frozen a bit tasteless and watery, soggy roast potatoes and a pile of mash. If you paid an extra £1.50 you got a bigger plate, two yorkshire puddings and a sausage, oh and a chance to get a dollop of ice cream from machine....it's not worth it!
We don't think we would eat here again as there are better carveries around the area.

• Visited February 2014
Tamworth, United Kingdom
“Contented”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

Typical Carvery, we ate early evening, about 19-45 to 20-00, the place was not packed, but very pleasant, no hussle & bussle, the food was extremely hot & obviously freshly cooked. Dave the Chef was in a cheerful mood, very chatty & friendly, he did give us generous portions of meat. A bottle of House Red was real VFM. Recommend this particular Venue.

Visited February 2014