“Lovely”

and 1 more site!
Copperfields Guest House
Ranked #5 of 80 Norwich B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed here for one night in November 2012. Very clean and comfortable. We had the dormer room upstairs, with it's own bathroom. Roger and Pam gave us a very warm welcome. Breakfast was fantastic, full English, perfectly cooked, as well as cereals, porridge, fruit and toast. Good public transport links into the city centre. Highly recommended, and would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: If you are tall, ask for a ground floor room!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
RogerColdham, Owner at Copperfields Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Dear Jo,
Thankyou so much for your lovely review of your stay at Copperfields. Pam and I do like to know that our guests are pleased with their visit.
Sincerely Roger

Reviewed December 10, 2012

A very enjoyable stay with hosts who could not do enough for me. The welcome was warm and Roger and Pam were excellent hosts. I was on my own and was very happy that the house was in a quiet area of Norwich, but still handy enough for the town.

Room Tip: I booked very late and so had the last room available. As I am quite tall I found the sloping ceilin...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for your very pleasant review of your stay at Copperfields. Perhaps we will see you again next year. Roger

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Knowing I would be visiting Norwich for two days during my September 2012 visit to the UK I "took a chance" on Copperfields guest house via recommendations on Tripadvisor. The reality exceeded all I could have wished for: spotlessly clean,in a decent and safe area, and very quiet. Roger and Pam could not have been more welcoming and obliging, even to driving me (unasked) into town to the cathedral. What a nice couple. My room,number 2, overlooked a very pleasant garden and had all that one needed--a very comfortable bed,kettle etc.,TV,separate loo,washbasin and shower with plenty of hot water. Breakfast was generous and deliciously cooked by the exceptionally competent and unflappable Pam, and offered a variety of choices. Roger is very helpful and a font of knowledge on Norwich and Norfolk. Parking is available although I used the bus service within close walking distance. A good restaurant and 'take-away" are conveniently nearby should you wish to have dinner. Outstanding value for money, and please Roger and Pam, always maintain your reasonable and non-greedy tariff at below the average levels. I shall certainly return and not bother to scout around for other guest houses--I have found all that I need in travel accommodation in Norwich.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
RogerColdham, Owner at Copperfields Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Hi. John,
It was lovely to meet you with your enormous wealth of knowledge. We love talking about and showing guest our lovely city so Pam and I are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay.
Many thanks, Roger.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed here for a few nights over half term. I needed a base to visit my daughter at UEA and wanted a secure, friendly 'home' feel. The owners were welcoming and interested in making my stay a pleasant one. They suggested places to visit, complete with map and guide book. The room, leading onto the garden, was very comfortable and I loved the daily cake on my hospitality tray. Pam's breakfast was amazing- I didn't need lunch! It was easy to come and go- although I found car parking a little squashed. I would certainly recommend this B and B.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for your lovely review. Pam and I really appreciate you thoughts

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed here for a few days on business. Located on the outskirts of Norwich it was ideal for where I needed to be each day and Roger and Pam are a lovely couple and were very welcoming.

The room I stayed in was comfortable enough, the double bed was excellent, but because the radiator hadn't been turned on the room was very cold on arrival and took a few hours to warm up.

The ensuite was very small and if I'm being picky was a little grubby in places, the shower was terrible, the water flow was so slow it basically trickled out, I could've had a quicker wash in the sink! As for the sink, the mirror was not in front but to the left of it so very difficult for me to shave.

The good point to the stay was Pam's delicious breakfast, very nice I must say.

Overall, a nice B&B, nothing spectacular but for £30 a night it was about right.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. Pam and I put our guests comfort at the top of our priorities. I do wish you had mentioned whilst you were here that you had a problem with the shower. There is a certain way of setting this one and I could have shown you. The guest this week has loved the room and found the shower excellent. We have even received a card and chocolates from her as a thank you for the quality of her stay. I would always recommend asking if there is a problem. Our intention is always to satisfy our many customers.
Sincerely Roger Coldham

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I needed to find a place to stay in or around Norwich at short notice - I found Copperfields on Tripadvisor, and with such good feedback it looked like a good choice. I was fortunate to find a vacancy at the right time, and I have to say that the positive feedback was justified. Lovely people, very welcoming and comfortable location and delicious breakfast. All at a very good price. I was concerned initially that the traffic outside might be a problem (I was in the upstairs room that overlooks the road) but this soon became quiet and I had a very good night's sleep every night I stayed there. Parking at the front of the house is a little limited but this is comfortably away from the city centre, so it's not a problem finding somewhere nearby to park. (I did also have an unusually large vehicle to park).
All in all, a great place to stay!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
RogerColdham, Owner at Copperfields Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Pam and I are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us at Copperfields. It was particularly interesting to note that you chose us because of the kind reviews on Tripadvisor. Thank you and Tripadvisor very much!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed at the Copperfields for one night last week. The stay was last minute but the owners were more than welcoming and appeared quite happy for me to be there! The rooms were lively, very clean and homely and the breakfast was delicious. I am a vegetarian and they catered to that happily. Just lovely, would recommend to anyone wanting to stay in Norwich!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind comments on Tripadvisor