“Good experience as a result of a bad one” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ask Italian - Norwich
Ranked #207 of 812 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: ASK Italian in Norwich is a place for great food and warm service. Think fresh bread made to tear and share. A glass of fine wine worth deserving of your time. Delicious main dishes prepared the traditional way. Everything we know and love about Italian food is served straight to your table. Take a look at our Norwich menu and, if you like what you see, book a table.
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Good experience as a result of a bad one”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

Yesterday evening my husband and I enjoyed a complimentary meal at Ask Italian in Norwich following an evening meal on Sunday17th Feb which had been a total disappointment. On that occasion there were too few staff, food was served erraticly with the 4 of us in our party getting our food at different times. I saw the manager touching my dessert after it was taken out of the microwave to check it was hot. There was no loo paper in the toilets so they had left a pile of serviettes to use, so basically a total shambles! When I rang the next day the manager, who had also been there on the night, apologised and offered to send me vouchers for a complimentary meal for two, which I felt was a good way of dealing with my complaint. Unfortunately he didn't do what he said he would and when I rang again 10 days later I was told that he would call me back that evening. Again nothing happened. The next day I rang for the third time, but this time I spoke to Jimbo H, who was excellent. As a result we had our meal last night and were well looked after by Jimbo and by our waitress, Charlie, who remembered us from our previous visit. Food was excellent as was the service throughout. The whole restaurant had a buzz about it totally lacking on our previous visit. Will I go back? Certainly will!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Sharon H

norfolk
“girls dinner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Used to go to a great Ask in Uxbridge several years ago. The new decor at the Norwich Ask was very minimal and a bit underwhelming. The food was ok and to an acceptable standard.

Visited May 2012
“Everything top quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

First time at this restaurant and wasn't disappointed . Couldn't fault a single Thing. Staff very friendly and helpful , excellent service , good value and food was delicious . Would highly recommend to anyone and definitely will be eating there again .

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Excellent pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Ate here for the second time today and was pleased to get a repeat of our first visits experience. Good and very friendly service, reasonable prices (especially with a buy one get one for £2.50 token!), very nice pizza, and an all round good lunch. Might have been 5 stars if the salad was a bit more interesting.
I'm not normally a fan of chains but this one, at least in Norwich, is pretty good - better than both Jamie's or Carluccio's

• Visited February 2013
Ipswich
“Nice:)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

visited on 16.2.13 @ 7pm. Really Nicely located Restaurant. We sat upstairs which was nice and quiet compared to the lower leval of the building. There was 4 of us. We had 2 garlic Breads with Cheese on to share, 3 pizzas and a spaghetti and 4 drinks (3 beers, 1 house white glass) bill come to £73 which was resonable! Waitress was really nice, a little too much of 'sweetheart' and 'darling' but i would rather her be like that then the other way! Over all food and drink was very yummy and it did the job! well done.

• Visited February 2013