“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of River Green Cafe

River Green Cafe
Ranked #54 of 817 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dereham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Food great. Service out of this world. Would recommend to everyone to try this gem of norwich. Even though I'm not a vegetarian !

1 Thank Derehamfreddi

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Nice staff, pretty location, average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

Friendly staff and quick service. However the menu was rather limited! So we ventured for the specials board, even though it was pleasant it was nothing special and rather basic for the price. But we would be willing to give the lunch menu a go!

England
“Not a cafe more like a restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

Immediate impact.....The cafe is located on a narrow road with a sharp bend with and junction. I drove past the premises mainly because there was NO sign-age and it was dark.

Upon arrival I presented my booking printout and was directed to a table in a dark corner directly in front of the emergency exit! Tut Tut!! I was told there was NO alternative because all tables had been booked yet I had booked several days in advance! I did not accept the table and chose another location, without argument, and as it turned out several tables were NOT occupied during my stay.

The Food was of a very high quality and full of wonderful flavours I chose a starter followed by the mushroom Wellington which well exceeded my expectations of veggie food.

The Cafe felt rather cold even though I was directly underneath the air conditioner.
I felt the staff needed more training.

Will I go again .......definitely even though I am not a veggie person.

Bath, England, United Kingdom
“Great Veggie Food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

A lovely little cafe, relaxed atmosphere and very friendly staff. The food came quickly and they had a great variety. Everything from pasta, to enchiladas, salads, falafel, veggie wellington and African stews. I had asparagus and pea cannelloni and my sister had the middle eastern salad. The food came really hot, very quick and tasted fresh and delicious. We had lovely nacho's as a starter and a dark chocolate and blueberry torte for dessert. The only downside was that my ginger ale didn't taste of ginger. It was a small price to pay for everything else being wonderful!

1 Thank Hannah R
Norwich
“Excellent Vegetarian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

We went here for Sunday Lunch and were glad we had booked as it was very busy.

We both had the African stew - excellent. Food sensibly priced. Pleasant environment and staff. Service efficient. We shall definitely go again.

• Visited January 2014